2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Exactly. I think of Giger sketches more that the xenomorphs. His sketches are downright worlds of their own. I definitely get stuck on the space movie vibe. I've got one called Zeta 1 Reticuli that I think is very much Prometheus-like. I fell asleep listening to the movie and woke up and wrote it the next morning.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Here it is. I should run it through KS and see what it morphs into.

Edit: I'll settle down now. This is a KS thread and I'm no threadjacker. lol

https://soundcloud.com/rustman777/zeta-1-reticuli-v2
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

thats nice too. you should try adding some KS sounds to it... not a lot. just a little touches... just some extra spice. a little pixel dust...

haha!

#pixelDust

I claim invention of that one Simon. :D
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Processing three layers - vocal phrase (myself), bass flute impro (VSL extended) and tuvan throat singing (from MetaVox for Alchemy) - with the same instance of Kaleidoscope on a Bus, the Tuvan drone has volume automation applied so the original signal fades in and out, the other two signals are only audible via Kaleidoscope (100% wet), some B2 reverb inserted post-KS. Quite a trip...

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... leidoverse

No "infusion" necessary with that one! :D

:tu:

this phrase comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXteZElUo_4

Galbanum wrote:

LOL, black tea consumed orally did suffice for this one :party:
I watched some of that video, quite a fresh ambient ambience, just that panning main synth-vamp totally destroys the whole thing.

Great, finally managed to create a structure preset in ArtMatic which lets me produce/construct perfectly quantized "grids", so now I can just zoom in/out to increase number of vertical/horizontal bars/squares, change colours, change geometry, alter the square content, and more - brilliant stuff, this program so rocks!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Great, finally managed to create a structure preset in ArtMatic which lets me produce/construct perfectly quantized "grids", so now I can just zoom in/out to increase number of vertical/horizontal bars/squares, change colours, change geometry, alter the square content, and more - brilliant stuff, this program so rocks!
That's really interesting! Can you provide a little bit more info of how you have done this? A couple of screenshots, or (maybe) an example structure?

Thank you in advance.
CU
VK

Galbanum wrote:Getting into the deep end of things: Kaleidoscope fed into another Kaleidoscope....

https://soundcloud.com/2caudio/ks-gen-ost-morph-fx

This sound is entirely Kaleidoscope and nothing else. (Two instances.)

The first instance creates the musical phrase -- the rhythmic ostinato thing. Input modulation creates this as a 1/2 measure loop. (note period is set at 2 measures, but we are only using 1/4 of the image, so 1/2 measure -- Scanning Mode is Equal Period here.) The Output modulation produces shifting variations in it over 32 measures... The sound is generated entirely by this first instance -- there is no input signal.

The second instance provides morphing delay-bases effects. Here use 128 different delay lengths! (most delay FXs have 1 or 2!!). The delays are tunned the same key as musical phase, but down several octaves... they use some variations of a harmonic scale (integers) but Triangle numbers in this case (look it up...) The low harmonics remain in perceuptual delay territory (i.e. they have a longer period and lower frequency than audio signals... ). The higher harmonics get into the audio rate range and produce additional resonance FX in-tune with the music. The middle-ground between these ranges produces something sounding like a spring reverb... 4 duplicates of each delay freq are used which give a diffusion effect as the delays decay. Each delay also has its own independent damping filter with a different freq for each.

Two Mod Images are used. The input mod uses a semi-discrete image which turns the various delays/on off and pans them. It uses an 8 measure period, but the X-size is 768/1024 = 75% of the width, so the period is actually 6 measures, but the time base and its sub-divisions is still in 1/2, 1/4. 1/8 etc of the tempo... The Output mod gives smoothly shifting variations again with a period of 9 measures... I.e. this is a FX preset that gives some morphing and panning combination of delays, resonance, and spring reverb (if you like to think in conventional terms...) You could of course use this preset by itself on normal audio signals too...

The total cycle of the whole construct is: 32 * 9 * = 288 measures long before the whole pattern repeats...

The pictures shows 4 instances just show I can show both input and output mod for both... notice two of them are disabled on the right...

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... orphFX.png

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... orphFX.png

I'm afraid i'll need to take the time to read your post very carefully ( :oops: and i'm very likely not the only one ) but no doubt about it didactic value and AFAIK the demonstration of so to say an almost (?) self-composed musical canvas, (considering there's no additional automations from the host (or other plug-ins) of any kind)

BTW i just bought KS...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

LOL, black tea consumed orally did suffice for this one :party:
I watched some of that video, quite a fresh ambient ambience, just that panning main synth-vamp totally destroys the whole thing.
Just listening..., my very first impression i notice how the tuvan drone suggest/determine a fundamental tone, i assume it is totally spontaneous n the case...
Last edited by Krakatau on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:This is confusing.
Infusing

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:This is confusing.
Infusing
:oops:...you make me confused !

:lol:
Last edited by Krakatau on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is perhaps a bit presumptuous by there's one thing that came to my mind :

- i assume that the core of KS isn't such different at some aspect of a bunch of karpus-strong modelled strings, except that the excitation stage (especially this one) is totally different !

so there would nothing so astonishing when some rendered studies might remind plucked strings (or even bowed strings, sometimes almost accurately..?)

infuse |inˈfyo͞oz|
verb [ with obj. ]
1 fill; pervade: her work is infused with an anger born of pain and oppression.
• instill (a quality) in someone or something: he did his best to infuse good humor into his voice.
• Medicine allow (a liquid) to flow into a patient, vein, etc.: saline was infused into the aorta.
2 soak (tea, herbs, etc.) in liquid to extract the flavor or healing properties: infuse the dried flowers in boiling water.
• [ no obj. ] (of tea, herbs, etc.) be soaked in liquid: allow the mixture to infuse for 15 minutes.
DERIVATIVES
infuser noun
ORIGIN late Middle English: from Latin infus- ‘poured in,’ from the verb infundere, from in- ‘into’ + fundere ‘pour.’

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:
That's really interesting! Can you provide a little bit more info of how you have done this? A couple of screenshots, or (maybe) an example structure?

Thank you in advance.
Later - I'll check the structure and might reveal some of it here.

Return to “Effects”