Is Creating A Flash Website A 'Bad' Idea?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here are just a few:
- The site won't work on practically any mobile device (smart phones/tablets), Linux support isn't too good either AFAIK.
- Flash sites are not SEO friendly - the site's content doesn't get indexed by search engines, also you typically don't see deep links in Flash sites.
- Flash sites typically load significantly slower and require more data to be downloaded
- Flash frequently shows major security issues
- It screams "Hello, I'm from 1997"
These would be enough to steer away from flash imo :tu:

How about using flash just for the mp3 player, video player, or image gallery? I will see if I can find alternative players to use in html5 first though.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Swiffy but it's iffy.

https://developers.google.com/swiffy/

Not all html5 is equal. It is not supported equally across different platforms as we would like to believe. Some browsers utilize certain features that could be considered html5 compliant while not being able to render all the possibilities of html5. It's the same old crap that lead html to be surpassed by to html 2,3,4

HTML5 is not a standard it's a concept. It's a concept that each browser maker decides which features they want to implement and which ones they don't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... 28HTML5%29

No one browser gets the shiney all perfect score. Oddly html4 had better universal cross browser support and the one that always worked as intended across all browsers (before the iphone) was flash. (sans some apple hackery to slow it down on apple computers. Yes apple wanted death to flash long long before the iphone same with microsoft the only difference was MS wanted it to be a fair fight.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Image galleries can be perfectly made in HTML. Audio and video work in HTML5, too. SoundCloud doesn't use flash for their player for example (AFAIK). Note that you don't have to show the default audio player UI. Hide it and build your own "player", then use JavaScript to control the <audio> element. Likewise for <video>. You can always use Flash as a fallback (or vice versa, if you must).

I miss the good ol' days (7 years ago) when every (Italian) hotel and vintner had its own complicated Flash homepage (with tons of images) and I had to endure a few minutes of loading just to find out the address, so I could drink a glass of wine in the meantime... :drunk: :P

With your bandwidth issues it still is the old days.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

So I'm thinking of converting an entire flash site into html. Would there be any problems then? Good idea??
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

would a flash site with html formatted text show up with google keywords or can otherwise be read by google?

TTU Youtube

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”