Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

powermat wrote:
She Changed Her Mind wrote:I dunno. Two.. three weeks lol before beta testing.

However, when the basic functions are ready we can think towards the modular system, I guess.

Besides, do these guys ever rest?
Groups will be awesome! The modular system will be awesome!

but...

Network play will be legit!

remember...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
a bit out subject thoo but how do u gonna use your friend VSTi/hardyz on your comp ? i mean u'll have to bounce right ?

thoo, just waitin for 1.2 groups (been unpatient,i rooted all on an audio track for the wait, i will trransfer to folder/group later...)
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

yoshi303 wrote:a bit out subject thoo but how do u gonna use your friend VSTi/hardyz on your comp ? i mean u'll have to bounce right ?

thoo, just waitin for 1.2 groups (been unpatient,i rooted all on an audio track for the wait, i will trransfer to folder/group later...)
Why do I have to use instruments that I don't know? I've got my own. Besides, two sets of monitors would be too much for me. One master audio box (and time, probably) and 2 sources of da audio. :ud:

:hyper:

yoshi303 wrote:
powermat wrote:
She Changed Her Mind wrote:I dunno. Two.. three weeks lol before beta testing.

However, when the basic functions are ready we can think towards the modular system, I guess.

Besides, do these guys ever rest?
Groups will be awesome! The modular system will be awesome!

but...

Network play will be legit!

remember...

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
a bit out subject thoo but how do u gonna use your friend VSTi/hardyz on your comp ? i mean u'll have to bounce right ?

People can collab today also, main diffrence is that we will be able to work at same time in same project. People have allways manage to fix missing plugins in collab either by downloading the missing or just dont use the plugins u dont share. Yes you can also bounce. 8)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

It will allow you to have multiple interfaces in the same studio too. So you could have your main desk that the producer/mix engineer sits at with the main cpu, and laptops so that if somebody wants to try something or edit something you don't have to explain it to the guy at the computer or switch seats. Since it doesn't have to have its audio engine on to edit the document, you can just use cheap netbooks. Set one up near your synths or behind the drums or wherever you mess around where your main cpu is out of reach. I used to collaborate with a drummer who liked to make electronic beats but would frequently kinda lose his way programming stuff and seemed more at home behind a kit. After hearing about these features I always thought it would be cool to get an ekit and set him up on on it with a laptop with Bitwig. He could just use a drum machine device and he'd be able to browse for his own sounds, mix the kit, add effects, create and edit patterns and everything from his drum throne.

That kind of stuff has me more excited than collaborating with random people over the internet that I can't effectively jam and communicate with in real time. Even if you're on skype it's not like being in the same room.

Ogopogo wrote:It will allow you to have multiple interfaces in the same studio too. So you could have your main desk that the producer/mix engineer sits at with the main cpu, and laptops so that if somebody wants to try something or edit something you don't have to explain it to the guy at the computer or switch seats. Since it doesn't have to have its audio engine on to edit the document, you can just use cheap netbooks. Set one up near your synths or behind the drums or wherever you mess around where your main cpu is out of reach. I used to collaborate with a drummer who liked to make electronic beats but would frequently kinda lose his way programming stuff and seemed more at home behind a kit. After hearing about these features I always thought it would be cool to get an ekit and set him up on on it with a laptop with Bitwig. He could just use a drum machine device and he'd be able to browse for his own sounds, mix the kit, add effects, create and edit patterns and everything from his drum throne.

That kind of stuff has me more excited than collaborating with random people over the internet that I can't effectively jam and communicate with in real time. Even if you're on skype it's not like being in the same room.
I know what you're talking about :) thats why Im excited too! :D
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:It will allow you to have multiple interfaces in the same studio too. So you could have your main desk that the producer/mix engineer sits at with the main cpu, and laptops so that if somebody wants to try something or edit something you don't have to explain it to the guy at the computer or switch seats. Since it doesn't have to have its audio engine on to edit the document, you can just use cheap netbooks. Set one up near your synths or behind the drums or wherever you mess around where your main cpu is out of reach. I used to collaborate with a drummer who liked to make electronic beats but would frequently kinda lose his way programming stuff and seemed more at home behind a kit. After hearing about these features I always thought it would be cool to get an ekit and set him up on on it with a laptop with Bitwig. He could just use a drum machine device and he'd be able to browse for his own sounds, mix the kit, add effects, create and edit patterns and everything from his drum throne.

I know what you're talking about :) thats why Im excited too! :D
They're both going to be awesome! I have a friend I work with here who just uses Logic, unless he's at my place. We do a lot of seat-swapping then. It's cool to work together- but it will be awesome to be able to work on the same project on our individual machines in real time! I know he'd buy a copy of Bitwig just for that.

I'm actually just as excited about being able to do the same thing over the internet. I'm very geographically separated from a lot of my musician friends- so that opens up a huge world of possibilities!! Can you imagine how cool it would be to be able to join in to someone's session while they're on a gig as an invited special guest- or be able to invite others to guest on your gig? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

I am wondering if the new 1.2 update will be tied in with the Nektar P4/6 update for BWS (the one with 100's of VSTs pre-mapped)- I guess it would make sense as the new content promised in 1.2 could be pre-mapped by Nektar- they seem to have a good/close relationship with BW- any comments?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I hope Dom will shed some light on the current state.. :)

I also watched the grouping video couple of times today :D

https://www.facebook.com/bitwig/posts/820881681284055

(it's still the old one from February 10 )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

One more day in Feb, maybe not so long now... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:love: :love: Those groups look so go***mn nice!!!!
I also watched it over and over and over....
But wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen????? please wheeeeen???? :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

One little thing maybe for the next update: Chokegroups in the drummaschine??
I hope that,s one of the "little" surprises they,ve got in their sleeves.But a big one for me.! :borg:

would be nice if the groups behave like the master channel.
What I mean is, when you put a clip on the group channel itself it overrides all group channels. Would be great for trying out things too, without having to solo/mute stuff.

PHY6 wrote:would be nice if the groups behave like the master channel.
What I mean is, when you put a clip on the group channel itself it overrides all group channels. Would be great for trying out things too, without having to solo/mute stuff.
The groups act like busses and i think that is what u mean, everything will go through the group then the group will go to master, its like sending the output to a common audiotrack that then goes to master
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

It would be nice if i got it right in front of me .. NOW!

Im sure they act like busses... Would be stupid if they don,t...
But PHY6 says override?..
So when you say a reverb on a inside group channel that goes to the "head" group channel that the reverb isnt in function anymore???? Wouldnt make sense to me..

PHY6 wrote:when you put a clip on the group channel itself it overrides all group channels
He's talking about what would happen if you put an audio or midi clip in a group track. Would you still hear the audio from the child tracks, or would you only hear the clip.

I think it will override and you'll just hear the clip. For two reasons - one since the master and other buss tracks already work like that as you say, but also because bounce in place wouldn't be possible if you always heard the audio from the child tracks and your bounce at the same time.

Return to “Bitwig”