Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ronnyrydgren wrote:Is there a novation sl mk2 script that works with automap?
No, because it is not possible. To support Automap in Bitwig they would need to use the Novation programming libraries and integrate them into their software.

Version 2.0 is now online!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Please read the updated Wiki documentation since the usage has changed quite a bit!

- New mode with Scene start / Drum Sequencer
- P1 ("Page" on the Zero) changes now modes of the selected row to better support the Zero model which does not have row selection buttons.
- Improved startup code to prevent the "Ableton is offline" message.
- Added LED feedback for Device Modulation page
- Fixed switching of track modes (normal, fx, master)
- Fixed switching to device mode.
- Fixed display redraw problem when changing track banks (with P2).

Enjoy!

moss wrote:Version 2.0 is now online!
Enjoy!
Great job - can now launch scenes in play mode but how do I control transport in play mode? I am mainly thinking about the need to stop the song...

penningt wrote:
moss wrote:Version 2.0 is now online!
Enjoy!
Great job - can now launch scenes in play mode but how do I control transport in play mode? I am mainly thinking about the need to stop the song...
Press Transport and then Stop.

Yeah! :D
Great Script! :tu:
Many Thanks!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Thanks Moss for an awesome script! I just yesterday decided to download and use it with my SL Mk1 keyboard i had lying around but for some reason until then i only used it with Automap... :ud:

Fantastic work, the level of control this gives me over Bitwig is astounding - i'm having lots of fun with this and the Launchpad. :clap: :clap: :clap:

One question, though: Would it be possible in the future to somehow get control over the "Automation write" button in the clip launcher?

Nice!

Thank you!

moss wrote:
ronnyrydgren wrote:Is there a novation sl mk2 script that works with automap?
No, because it is not possible. To support Automap in Bitwig they would need to use the Novation programming libraries and integrate them into their software.
Question, do you mean that you can't get the DAW features to work with Automap? I mean that makes sense, but Automap should still be able to control an automapped instrument or FX in Bitwig with Automap? Or is this incompatible with Automap entirely? IE you can't push the Automap button and control instruments and FX etc.?

machinesworking wrote: Question, do you mean that you can't get the DAW features to work with Automap? I mean that makes sense, but Automap should still be able to control an automapped instrument or FX in Bitwig with Automap? Or is this incompatible with Automap entirely? IE you can't push the Automap button and control instruments and FX etc.?
The Automap wrapper should work since it is only a plugin itself. To integrate the other DAW control features you would as I said need to use and implement the Automap API in Bitwig. Since the Automap protocol uses a hidden midi port and is not documented it cannot be accessed from the Bitwig JavaScript API.

moss wrote: The Automap wrapper should work since it is only a plugin itself. To integrate the other DAW control features you would as I said need to use and implement the Automap API in Bitwig. Since the Automap protocol uses a hidden midi port and is not documented it cannot be accessed from the Bitwig JavaScript API.
Thought that's what you meant, so it's possible to switch from automated wrapped plug ins and this script then?
That would put Bigwig where Live is with Automap, it has it's own protocol, and you can jump to atomized plug ins if you want as well.

Hi I would love to use this great script on the remote SK MKI, but it has no page, transport or preview buttons, so it seems i cannot enter the play mode and work with the step sequencer.
Is there a way to access the page function somewhere else?
A suggestion is to change the transport functions, since the MKI does have dedicated transport buttons, which means right now the transport functions works on both the zero location (below the faders) as well as MK1's dedicated buttons below those. I would also gladly sacrifyce the (shitty ;-) ) drum pads for extra functionality.

Thanks

Smalish update is online for 1.1.6 compatibility.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Would be ultra nice if the sliders would be available for the step sequencer to adjust pitch / gate / velocity
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I have a novation zero sl mkii.. (when I start it up it is version 1.3.14)

I'm getting ye olde "Ableton is Offline" message.

I can see the devices in ALSA, and I have configured as explained in here (in 1 = Zero SL port 2 and in 2 = zero sl port 1 out = zer sl port 2)

Is this because I have an old version of the firmware (as noted above).. Or is there some internal settings I need to check?

cheers

Allan

sonofzev wrote:I have a novation zero sl mkii.. (when I start it up it is version 1.3.14)

I'm getting ye olde "Ableton is Offline" message.

I can see the devices in ALSA, and I have configured as explained in here (in 1 = Zero SL port 2 and in 2 = zero sl port 1 out = zer sl port 2)

Is this because I have an old version of the firmware (as noted above).. Or is there some internal settings I need to check?

cheers

Allan
sorry, no idea. but trying the Firmware update is definitively a good idea.

Return to “Controller Scripting”