Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Sampleconstruct wrote:
deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
BTW i just bought KS...
Welcome to the dome of pain and pleasure.
:lol:

I assume you're referring to this :
Yes, amongst other things :party:
Simon is just being polite. Obviously he was referring to this:

:hihi:
This is just so unbelievably crappy, amazing :hail:
huh !!!!!!

:o

Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
something to do with : :hug: ...one way or another (to stay chaste ?)

I am finding it is too easy to accidentally change a preset you are working on in KS. It's infuriating on my system because everything is in slow motion because of cpu usage. The only place I can grab KS to move it out of the way is right next to where you change presets. If you that hit that accidentally your work is lost. Hitting the preset image next to the preset <&> buttons steps the preset back also. So there are to places next to each to move back one preset?

That's one of my issues also. Undo does not seem to be working in KS inside of Live. So if you accidentally hit the next/previous button, you lose all your tweaking on the current preset.

I also would like to see a bigger/resizable GUI. This also might it a little easier to not hit the wrong button. Plus reduce the neck pains I get from leaning closer to my monitor.

Not complaining about this lovely piece of software, just hoping it becomes lovelier.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote:That's one of my issues also. Undo does not seem to be working in KS inside of Live. So if you accidentally hit the next/previous button, you lose all your tweaking on the current preset.

I also would like to see a bigger/resizable GUI. This also might it a little easier to not hit the wrong button. Plus reduce the neck pains I get from leaning closer to my monitor.

Not complaining about this lovely piece of software, just hoping it becomes lovelier.
i also would like to se a resizable gui
i am complaining because i use this so much
i wouldn't bother to complain if i didn't love it

jackmazzotti wrote:I am finding it is too easy to accidentally change a preset you are working on in KS. It's infuriating on my system because everything is in slow motion because of cpu usage. The only place I can grab KS to move it out of the way is right next to where you change presets. If you that hit that accidentally your work is lost. Hitting the preset image next to the preset <&> buttons steps the preset back also. So there are to places next to each to move back one preset?
Yep, I have had this happen too many times :evil:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

there will prob be a 2x size GUI at some point, but note this will be full screen on a 30" display (2560px wide). Should be great on 4K displays also.

eventually I'd like to do a 4x GUI size and have full screen on 5k displays...

intermediate (non power of two) scaling factors are unlikely...

re previous/next we just made the target size of the previous button smaller so clicking the word "preset" does not do anything...

Galbanum wrote:there will prob be a 2x size GUI at some point, but note this will be full screen on a 30" display (2560px wide). Should be great on 4K displays also.

eventually I'd like to do a 4x GUI size and have full screen on 5k displays...

intermediate (non power of two) scaling factors are unlikely...

re previous/next we just made the target size of the previous button smaller so clicking the word "preset" does not do anything...
I'm on a UHD screen (3840 x 2160) and love Kaivo, Spectral and U-He for having really good looking scalable (oxford says yes?) interfaces which are very easy to work with. I haven't had any real problems working with Kaleidoscope as the interface is simply laid out though B2 is small. It would be cool to see a 2x interface with Kaleidoscope as it's a graphically focused effect.

B2 does already have a 2X interface which will give 1920px wide GUI. Switch the skin to "Kontrast HD" and reload. It will be awesome on your 4K display...

Galbanum wrote:B2 does already have a 2X interface which will give 1920px wide GUI. Switch the skin to "Kontrast HD" and reload. It will be awesome on your 4K display...
Wow didn't know that? What a rookie move. Looks lovely and clean. Thanks Andrew!

Just did a new ~30min ambient piece. I'll post it shortly...

Check out the mixer and arrange windows for the project. All live. Entirely 2CAudio sound (except one subtle GTR amp preset, generic EQ, and one Waves L2 that barely gets touched at all..)

Strange to see an entirely empty arrange window, huh? The only thing in there is automation data for volume, EQ, send levels, etc. i.e. mixing data. All musical content comes from KS...

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... _Mixer.png

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... rrange.png

This is not the normal way to work unless you have a very powerful computer... but if you do, a cool thing to realize is that there is absolutely no sample data here. I could render the final thing at 96K for example if I choose and there is no resampling etc. Perfect fidelity...

I have a question while you're uploading-
Am I into overkill in rendering tracks with B2 and/or KS at 4x oversampling? Not sure if it's relevent, but my projects are all done at 24/48. I ask because these 10-15 minute renders are cramping my style. Lol.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Everyone take a New Age-swim in this Kaleidotexture - 2 similar custom presets (stereo axis panned slightly left - right) using only the internal white noise to excite the resonators, one playing 2 octaves lower, some Molekular/DNA and B2 on 2 busses:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/k ... ter-sweeps

Share your Kaleidotracks in this Soundcloud group, please read the group description first:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/sounds-of-kaleidoscope

Return to “Effects”