Any love for AudioRealism Dominator?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReDominator

bailees7irish wrote:
DJMaytag wrote:It's still active. I just bought it.
How did you get the discount? It comes up as $55 when I go to checkout.
Leichenschmaus wrote:Coupon: audiorealism-discount
This.

Ingonator wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:I fully agree bob. It is the envelope that makes it unique as a VST. I know only one other synth which has that kind of very versatile envelopes (without talking about real MSEG), it is VirtualCZ where like in reDominator you can choose the level AND the duration (both independently) for each step of the envelope. The faders for the level of each step and the knobs for their durations. See for example [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdppEntOknc</span>]this little tutorial[/url].
The Yamaha Motif (like e.g. the Motif ES 7 i got since around 10 years) also has comparable envelopes (3 envelopes for pitch, filter and amplitude). They have 5 steps like Hold, Attack, Decay1, Decay2, Release with Time and Level values for each of the 5 steps.
The TG77 had comparable envelopes for pitch, amplitude, each of the two filters per voice, and pan but there again it wasn't a VST.

Ingonator wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:I fully agree bob. It is the envelope that makes it unique as a VST. I know only one other synth which has that kind of very versatile envelopes (without talking about real MSEG), it is VirtualCZ where like in reDominator you can choose the level AND the duration (both independently) for each step of the envelope. The faders for the level of each step and the knobs for their durations. See for example this little tutorial.
The Yamaha Motif (like e.g. the Motif ES 7 i got since around 10 years) also has comparable envelopes (3 envelopes for pitch, filter and amplitude). They have 5 steps like Hold, Attack, Decay1, Decay2, Release with Time and Level values for each of the 5 steps.
Good info, Ingo!
:tu:

I didn't know this one, and there are probably still some others too.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Anyone heard anything about ABL3 or even ABL Pro?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I am LOVING what this thing can do. I quickly created about 15 patches and am shooting for another 10-15 more to upload a freebie patch bank for anyone to check out.

As soon as you want!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Why is reDominator costing €40 less than the other AR plugs?

Seems kind of weird as it is more capable than ABL2, and it is also a much newer product

Dominator is really good. Fun to tweak and sounds stunning. Never owned the original but this plug-in sure has lots of hardware mojo.

But it got only 1 OSC (DCO), is that worthy of a dominator?

There is a Pulse and Saw option under the DCO hood, but can those be tuned indepenently to make a fifth for example?

No but you get get done pretty detuned-like sounds from doing PWM of both the square AND saw waves.

I got mine on sale last year, and really enjoy playing with it. It seems to be low CPU, which is a bonus.

Numanoid wrote:But it got only 1 OSC (DCO), is that worthy of a dominator?

There is a Pulse and Saw option under the DCO hood, but can those be tuned indepenently to make a fifth for example?
It's true to the hardware, a pretty straight emulation of the alpha Juno.

You can't tune the Pulse, Saw or Sub independently, but there are settings for the Saw that sounds like +1 octave, +2 octave, and +19 semi. The Sub also has a +1 octave and a +2 octave sounding setting. These settings were available on the original alpha as well.

eXode wrote:You can't tune the Pulse, Saw or Sub independently, but there are settings for the Saw that sounds like +1 octave, +2 octave, and +19 semi. The Sub also has a +1 octave and a +2 octave sounding setting. These settings were available on the original alpha as well.
The semis are what makes the sound fat, so good to know they are tweakable in there :tu:

Return to “Instruments”