FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

hibidy wrote:You have files filing your basements and all stock rooms with it but choose to ignore it. don't shoot the messenger.
...for a messenger to be shot, he has to have left a message ;)

I remember having this discussion with you in another thread. You like to complain but never reference specific bugs or provide any evidence they exist.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

FL Studio working fine here in my DAW (just like Studio One and Cubase 6.5) but beside that FL is the one sequencer of the three i can fire up on my old notebook and fiddling around without problems. Also i like that i can use it within the other sequencers as plugin if i want (not so often anymore btw, rather fire it up as host..) :)

I personally love it, marvelous piece of music software which only getting better and better with every (lifetime free) update. :tu:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Image-Line wrote: Why use the real-time method?
e.g. if you want to capture the changing of non-automatable parameters (Sytrus has a few).

Image-Line wrote:
sjm wrote:And you don't get problems with dropouts at the end of each loop if you do it that way? I get a noticeable dropout each time it loops, so it's not a viable option I'm afraid. And this has come up before, so it's not only me.
I don't get big dropouts. <SNIP>
Just leave a bar lead-in to the section you want to loop-record. Which IMO is good practice anyhow as you can play into the loop you want to keep.
But this is just another workaround that pretty much defeats the point of loop recording - if I'm looping a four bar pattern for the verse, and screw up the first bar, I might want to take bars 2-5 rather than 1-4. If there's suddenly a 1 bar break, that's not loop recording.

In fact the best way to do "loop recording" in the playlist is the gold old practice of repeating the section you want to loop 32094034 times linearly in the playlist and then record over that until you're happy. i.e. the best way to loop record in the playlist is to not loop record.

Can we stop pretending this feature works now and move on?

T-CM11 wrote:
Image-Line wrote: Why use the real-time method?
e.g. if you want to capture the changing of non-automatable parameters (Sytrus has a few).
This is one of my concerns as some VSTi's as far as I know or should say have read have some random modulations that are not exactly repeatable when played the second time.

Image-Line wrote:
hibidy wrote:I'm waiting for FL 13. But then again, it will be just like all the others.........senseless, buggy, CPU hog, and utterly useless. Oh....sorry for my "sophia" moment, but after 9 versions, I think I'm entitled.
Hi hibidy, and we're still waiting for you to post about your bugs in Techsupport so we can fix them. We can't fix what we don't know about...or can't reproduce.

Regards Scott
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Love it!
[Insert Signature Here]

valerian_777 wrote:
I personally love it, marvelous piece of music software which only getting better and better with every (lifetime free) update. :tu:
Same here! :tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
Same here! :tu:
Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it possible to create control surfaces that send midi, so for example if its loaded as a plugin in another host the midi will be sent out of FL studio into the host
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Image-Line wrote: Why use the real-time method? Use the offline method (second video above), it's much quicker and higher quality. I wouldn't be using real-time Edison recording for making stems.
Because I like to record what I hear!! That's a silly question, man.

But I was wrong, Edison doesn't record underruns in plugins that come after it in the chain.
If there was a way you could make Edison record more durably, it would be the best thing you could do for FL.

sjm wrote:But this is just another workaround that pretty much defeats the point of loop recording - if I'm looping a four bar pattern for the verse, and screw up the first bar, I might want to take bars 2-5 rather than 1-4. If there's suddenly a 1 bar break, that's not loop recording.
I have never had any musician or vocalist come through my studio, and it's a lot, even mention or complain about a 5 or 6 bar loop to record a 4 bar section.

Why is it a problem for you, have you actually tried it, of course it's loop recording. In my experience it leads to much better takes with grace notes & lead-in available for inclusion in the final comp.

If all that doesn't apply then you don't care about losing 20 ms from the start of the clip and you can have your 4 bar loop.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

camsr wrote:
Image-Line wrote: Why use the real-time method? Use the offline method (second video above), it's much quicker and higher quality. I wouldn't be using real-time Edison recording for making stems.
Because I like to record what I hear!! That's a silly question, man.
Because you were complaining about glitches.

So what glitches are you talking about and what's the problem again, because I am lost.

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote: Why is it a problem for you, have you actually tried it, of course it's loop recording. In my experience it leads to much better takes with grace notes & lead-in available for inclusion in the final comp.

If all that doesn't apply then you don't care about losing 20 ms from the start of the clip and you can have your 4 bar loop.

Regards Scott
Are you being serious?

Always the nitpickers..
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

sjm wrote:
Image-Line wrote: Why is it a problem for you, have you actually tried it, of course it's loop recording. In my experience it leads to much better takes with grace notes & lead-in available for inclusion in the final comp.

Regards Scott
Are you being serious?
I am trying to understand what is wrong with a 5 bar loop to record 4 bars of content?

Most people don't have problems with the Playlist loop recording process. But if they do, and it seems you do, then you need to add a lead-bar. So what problem does this cause exactly? Because your protests don't make sense to me (as a classically trained musician). Almost all musical performances require counting out rests and don't involve playing/singing every note of every bar. I have never seen a 1 bar rest cause problems for any musician.
if I'm looping a four bar pattern for the verse, and screw up the first bar, I might want to take bars 2-5 rather than 1-4. If there's suddenly a 1 bar break, that's not loop recording.
Why not? It's a loop and you are recording multiple takes over it. If you really can't count out 1 bar of silence, then play (or sing) some lead-in riff on bar 1. Please give it a try and come back and then tell me that it sucks, and why.

Regards Scott

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”