.1up! Bitwig Studio 1.1 is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_TLG_ wrote:
P_Wig wrote:I'm still hoping for support for Stylus RMX, but I can work around it.
how you work with Stylus in Bitwig? I mean how you "fix" drag-n-drop function?
If you mean how to FROM RMX, I've been dragging the MIDI to an Explorer window and then dragging into BWS from there. It's a shame to not be able to D&D direct from RMX (and some others) to BWS but at least it is a work around.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi _TLG_.

I normally don't use the stock grooves in RMX, so most of the grooves I use have both a REX and WAV file. I skip using RMX and just drag the WAV file into the arrangement, and slice it to Drum Machine. Then, I play it live and record it as midi. It's not pretty, but it'll work until drag-n-drop gets a permanent fix.
Bitwig Studio 2.0
MacBook Pro OSX 10.11.6
TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6/iConnect Midi 2+
Novation 49SL MkII/Novation Launchpad Controllers

thank you guys for advice!

All these guys didn't know about the true flux capacitor:
http://www.dogsonacid.com/threads/flux- ... st.485091/

I just want to know whether the first post was real or not ;)

Dragndrop from Stylus RMX to Arranger or Clip(s) is working here??
Even with Multi-Out it is working great to drag the files to different clips and route these to different outputs.
Same for Arpology or Spark 2.

Stylus works fine for me too here (Mac)

However recently i discovered a brilliant plugin which has virtually made stylus redundant for me - it's called "vice" and is incredibly fast for slicing & works great with bitwig. It doesn't do a lot of what Stylus does in terms of layering and quantising etc, but if you want fast beat chopping & drag & drop, with effects on each slice , multi-outs on each slice ETC then it's well worth investigating. :tu:

Check it out: https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/vice.php?ref=491344

(apologies if i've broken any rules by mentioning a product, i guess it is an ad but it's also just a personal message sharing something cool i really dig ) :-)

best

askewd wrote:Stylus works fine for me too here (Mac)

However recently i discovered a brilliant plugin which has virtually made stylus redundant for me - it's called "vice" and is incredibly fast for slicing & works great with bitwig. It doesn't do a lot of what Stylus does in terms of layering and quantising etc, but if you want fast beat chopping & drag & drop, with effects on each slice , multi-outs on each slice ETC then it's well worth investigating. :tu:

(apologies if i've broken any rules by mentioning a product, i guess it is an ad but it's also just a personal message sharing something cool i really dig ) :-)

best
But you can do most, if not all, of that already in Bitwig's detail editor.

Hi there i recently have sold my bitwig license and want to transfer to another buyer…whom has recently opened up an account with you…I've written 4 times now and still had no reply or response….please could you assist or help me in making the transference….My email is dannysample@hotmail.com i wrote to the technical department so my email may be there….Kind regards
Danny

I'm having problems with all of my midi dragging and dropping. I can't drag from Stylus or anything else either into Bitwig. Definitely hindering my creating process. I can't even pull any midi from my desktop. Is anyone still experiencing this with Stylus? I'm seeing it's working fine for some people and not for others. I'm on a Mac running Mountain Lion and the latest Bitwig update.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

yes, it's a known problem on mac, reported lately and it is going to be fixed.

also check this thread pls regarding bug reports: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

Ahh ok thank you for the clarification. I wasn't sure if it was really a bug or a feature that was going to be added in a later version. I appreciate the help.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5
www.WeAreMadHouse.com

Bug with old OSX versions, works in 10.9 and 10.10!

aMUSEd wrote:
askewd wrote:Stylus works fine for me too here (Mac)

best
But you can do most, if not all, of that already in Bitwig's detail editor.
Bitwigs detail editor is incredible, i was throwing some beats together on it already and found it to be pretty easy to use. It's pretty much PERFECT for people who want to make glitch based music..
:borg:

Return to “Bitwig”