What do you think about TB Sibalance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm wondering a bit that there isn't any thread about it...

What are your experiences with the new de-esser Tonebooster's Sibalance? Did you test it with different vocals? It looks quite sophisticated. I know there's a demo but I don't have much (raw) vocal material to test it at the moment...

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-sibalance

And then, what about TB Evoke? Do you recommend it?

I haven't tested any of the latest Toneboosters plugins, but I feel like there's a bit too much overlap between the last two/three plugins (Flx, Sibalance, Evoke....)

I'm not sure these are good signs, strategically/commercially; I was supporting him by trying to get all of his plugins, but I now feel like buying plugins that are too much similar each other, so with limited added value.

Also, the price of Dither has recently raised from 9.95 to 19.95.

Even though I strongly believe that Jeroen is absolutely a DSP coding genius.

- Mario

Haven't been bought any TB plugins after Flx, but I am actually quite interested in this. I was never satisfied with the more traditional deessers (like that one in the TrackEssentials), this one looks complicated at first, but at least there is already an update to the manual (Jeroen might be a DSP genius but he just isn't the most diligent documentation writer). Gotta demo...

Whereas for Evoke, I didn't quite get the concept, I would've bought that immediately if it also included an EQ, as a fully featured channel strip, but without it seems like a very special purpose tool... Not for me.

mabian wrote:I haven't tested any of the latest Toneboosters plugins, but I feel like there's a bit too much overlap between the last two/three plugins (Flx, Sibalance, Evoke....)
Isn't this what quite a few developers are doing - making new products based on their older products?

fese wrote:Haven't been bought any TB plugins after Flx, but I am actually quite interested in this. I was never satisfied with the more traditional deessers (like that one in the TrackEssentials), this one looks complicated at first, but at least there is already an update to the manual (Jeroen might be a DSP genius but he just isn't the most diligent documentation writer). Gotta demo...

Whereas for Evoke, I didn't quite get the concept, I would've bought that immediately if it also included an EQ, as a fully featured channel strip, but without it seems like a very special purpose tool... Not for me.
Flx is the last one I bought, too...

I was also wondering about Evoke, beside the de-esser (which is now much improved in Sibalance), the exciter seems to have a special sonic flavor. But I don't need another compressor or gate, I have more than enough compressors and gates, recently I bought [the gate] G8 by Unfiltered Audio, should have enough features for the rest of my life... :hihi:

Fantastic plugin! Insanely cheap, super versatile and it sounds great! Easily the best de esser I've used to date. :tu:

Twrogstudio wrote:Fantastic plugin! Insanely cheap, super versatile and it sounds great! Easily the best de esser I've used to date. :tu:
After trying Sibalance for a couple of minutes i have to concur. There are a lot of controls compared to a "classic" de-esser but it doesn't take long to get used to and you can set it up to work precisely on the problem areas. Results are very good and natural sounding, much better than with e.g. TB's own Flx or de-esser (which i never quite liked). A must-buy for me.

2 fans only, I thought there were hundreds of users who tested it... :o

Is it great for all vocal material, no matter which genre, could it be the only de-esser I need? Is it better than Sybilla Pro by HoRNet (which I bought, too)?

There's probably not much buzz because the vast majority of people on here don't ever work with vocals...

On gearslutz it has more fans:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... lance.html
Although TB will probably never be as hyped as say Slate :D

@Tricky, you can already download the demo from Toneboosters and try for yourself.
Btw, I love the TB demos, no noises bursts, no volume dim, fully functional except saving is disabled. A model for other vendors.

Double post... :oops:
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fese wrote:@Tricky, you can already download the demo from Toneboosters and try for yourself.
:o

UTFD?*

* Use-the-fr***ing-demo!

As I said, I don't have enough time and I don't have enough usable vocals to test it because always when I'm trying to sing into my mic, it hits me straight in da face! :scared:

That's why I was looking for some experiences of other people. But it seems to be so good that I might buy it...

Hey, if you don't have any usable vocals to even test it, why would you want to buy it anyway??
Also, your mic seems to have some really bad manners, maybe you need to send it to a microphone obedience school ;-)

fese wrote:Hey, if you don't have any usable vocals to even test it, why would you want to buy it anyway??
Also, your mic seems to have some really bad manners, maybe you need to send it to a microphone obedience school ;-)
Because I want to use my voice in some songs but even the best deesser can't save my mic! Maybe I need a professional vocal training with Mördan! :P

quick hints: move a bit further away from the microphone and don't sing directly into the diaphragm but a bit from the side (if it is a cardioid which i just presume). Have the mic in a position where your nose points at the diaphragm, not your mouth. Then some volume automation on the most annoying parts, then a de-esser or two. Then don't compress your vocals directly but use parallel compression.
I should follow all that more often myself, especially the automation part. Better automation = less need for compression = less boosted problem areas...

Return to “Effects”