How we feel about music and our own compositions

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You used this word 'convey' over and over. Your Zelda thing does not convey 'heroic'. It sounds like a small child with no real ear for music or the first clue about it was recorded. It's past silly.
People are embarrassed by it, and most of us would prefer not to remark on it out of sympathy. There is something normative that never happened with you.
Some will speculate 'autism' but I'm not qualified to comment.

So all of this talk, frankly is just someone flailing about with words and repeating the same couple of unexamined notions over and over, rephrasing it slightly.
You aren't conveying to anyone. You'll dismiss this as "scorn" but I don't really have that going on; just that someone, finally, after all of this needy posting, needs to be honest with you. Your notion of yourself as a composer is self-delusion. One has to develop chops and do all of these things you won't do. That you try to argue against learning instruments and theory in favor of some twaddle about 'emotions' was something I maybe shouldn't have even read but it does drive me to speak the truth about it here.

jancivil wrote: People are embarrassed by it, and most of us would prefer not to remark on it out of sympathy. There is something normative that never happened with you.
A real charmer.
Maybe you could try and not claim to speak for 'most of us' when you spit your poison?
:roll:
jancivil wrote: Some will speculate 'autism' but I'm not qualified to comment.
Some might say 'f**k you' in response to that kind of statement and I might even be one of those some.
ImageImageImageImage

there's something about this particular writing style that makes me phase out after one sentence. i don't intend to join any bash club, as i think some responses are well over the top, but it's just weird.

can't you try to condense your writing style a little? i don't know, maybe there's something worthwhile in there, it's just soo hard to read.

it's like you're adhering to some writing protocol that seems correct to you, but it introduces so much redundancy. it's making me dizzy, so please boil it down for the sake of communication.
Last edited by nasenmann on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highkoo wrote:
jancivil wrote: People are embarrassed by it, and most of us would prefer not to remark on it out of sympathy. There is something normative that never happened with you.
A real charmer.
Maybe you could try and not claim to speak for 'most of us' when you spit your poison?
:roll:
What did I say? Out of sympathy. Did you experience the heroic Zelda music, actually?
jancivil wrote: Some will speculate 'autism' but I'm not qualified to comment.
highkoo wrote: Some might say 'f**k you' in response to that kind of statement and I might even be one of those some.
Fine, I'm a "real charmer" but you do this. IN FACT, people HAVE speculated autism. I love how you come in after weeks if not months of these disturbing posts to have at me for finally saying what I feel safe in assuming many people are thinking. Or have already expressed how they are thinking about this. I find your special selectivity very dodgy, ie., in order for you to prop up an attack.

For my part, I wouldn't like you to approve of a f**king thing about me. I would like to chalk your behavior up to having a bad time of things, but unfortunately I find a certain consistency in a a certain assholism. Maybe worry about your own poison, son.
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that don't really help, jan...find another thread to be right.

i got no issue with you but your lust for arguing gets the better of ya.

I don't think I was being unfair particularly in the first place. I think if someone takes a special opportunity to say f**k you to me, that I enjoy the same amount of space on the forum. I wouldn't do that, what he did, I think it's shit. So sure, have at me but never him. I'm fair game I suppose.
I don't expect to help, I'm not qualified to help. I don't think advising him to be concise is anything, either, it won't happen. I conveyed precisely my problem, got it off my chest.

you kind of told him his music sucks. maybe that was relevant to his points somehow, i dunno...but is it really necessary in context of this thread?
i mean, you're free to ignore him.
Last edited by nasenmann on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nasenmann wrote:your lust for arguing gets the better of ya.
And why are you arguing, to what point? This was helpful? Check yourself, I'm not moved to be something I'm not out of your disapproval at all.

jancivil wrote:
And why are you arguing, to what point? This was helpful? Check yourself, I'm not moved to be something I'm not out of your disapproval at all.
becuz you're being a meanie. i don't like dat. see, i expressed myself.

stop sucking other people into arguments. it's somewhat annoying and you seem more intelligent.

nasenmann wrote:you kind of told him his music sucks. maybe that was relevant to his points somehow, i dunno...but is it really necessary in context of this thread?
What points? Why are you arguing with me? You have a strange notion of "the" context of this thread, which is someone saying some bizarre and disquieting shit, which you profess to be unable to read it's so repetitive.

I'm not invested in an actual critique of his music. Maybe go check it out and see if what I'm saying is really 'your music sucks, dude'. I made an accurate observation of it.

nasenmann wrote:
jancivil wrote:
becuz you're being a meanie. i don't like dat. see, i expressed myself.

stop sucking other people into arguments. it's somewhat annoying and you seem more intelligent.
Fine, express yourself. I find 'you seem more intelligent' KIND OF MEAN, condescending and rude! OTOH I respect 'I don't like it'.
But now I think you have a problem with me. I don't care about your judgement and I find 'sucking people into arguments' dull, as well as a story about it which has as much to do with you as me; but if you're going to bitch slap me, I'm someone that doesn't sit for it! This isn't an argument. This is a bitchy fight that someone else that has a problem picked with me and you took this opportunity to do the same. And I think defending oneself is just normal. YOU'RE drawing into an argument like you're right, too then. Too bad, I stand by what I said to begin with.

explore thy feelings, for behind your strain to be right all the time great pains lie hidden.
gettin too faux objectivist and rationalist round here.

autism ain't the only illness around...

peace and baba

I am consistently an asshole, fine. :shrug:
But, I am an asshole for calling you out?

Ffs jan, lets get real here; Your post summarized is "Your music is horrible and you have no skill. We all think so. And, youre probably autistic."
I am an asshole for noticing? :roll:

KvR is super angry lately.
Chomping at the bit for some conflict and righteous indignation.

For the record, I barely listened to any OP audio.
In my estimation, the things OP is really talking about go beyond a reference to any particular example.
Or at least, thats all I cared to talk about.
Why are you here?
To finally have a good poke at the "autistic" user who you have been assessing for weeks if not months...?

That is rhetorical. :phones:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: KvR is super angry lately.
Chomping at the bit for some conflict and righteous indignation.
is it? good i missed it

i've seen a calmer version of jan though...late sturm und drang! :wink:

Ah music, taste, subjectivity...

Well we need some way to measure the value of art and to qualify opinion :lol: Surely? Don't we?

What? If you cannot monetize it, surely it is utterly useless in this New Age of Corporatocracy? :borg:

That is not really my opinion, but the majority surely think so. And of course since we do have us a functional democracy spreading round the world, liberating everyone to earn hir wage and be a part of the collective, turn desperation into opportunity, just take a better view of things... The rights of those who do not agree with the majority must be ignored. They are, after all, the minority. They just don't fit in. They simply do not matter in the grander scheme of the herd. They are weak and must be discarded. Surely?

The one thing this thread has proven to me is that Pat Benetar is awesome regardless of the direction of the "tape head." :hug:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”