FR to help with resource management (Especially with MFO)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A freeze function would be very nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjIZ9qrYcP8

I know it is possible to render a selected part but I would like the ability to render an audio file and play it in place of an instrument track without replacing the tracks properties or having a double of each track.

MFO is rather CPU heavy but it sounds really good (Especially when you use the layers, it makes some very pretty pads) so a freeze ability would be very awesome!

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

I fully understand, indeed even more now that we have the hungry MFO beast.

The question is: At what audio point should the freeze be tapped? What about common effects? What about a (sub-)master compressor?

An option to process the master and/or effects could be added. Another option is to say in the Docs that if the user doesn't want effects to be rendered, to turn them off while freezing.
mutools wrote:The question is: At what audio point should the freeze be tapped?
I am lost as to what this means but I'm guessing it means where the rendering of the track starts. In the video it shows the whole track being rendered, which I can see being a disadvantage. Perhaps a way to handle it like the "render selected parts" to set a start and end point or have the option to render the whole track.

Thanks for hearing me out,

Dakkra
My Setup.

Sorry for the noob question, but what is MFO?

Its the MultiForm Oscillator
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Thanks, so this is about CPU optimization. WEll, a feezze function would be usefull in case of FX VSTs as well

Yes, please.. a freeze function for tracks would be very welcome. :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

me three that would be a nice feature in mulab

Ok so I did some research and learned about freeze points. I like how Traktion does it by placing a "marker" at the spot in the FX chain where you want the audio to freeze at.

This could be done with a module or with selector like what's set up for Pre/Post fader control

Dakkra
My Setup.

Return to “MUTOOLS”