Omnisphere Question: How to stretch 'Soundsources' into infinity? (BONUS: Moral/Legal dillemma!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

grdh20 wrote:
jlanthier wrote: Is doing it this way *wrong* if I keep the Kontakt patch to myself and only use it in an original musical composition??
I seriously wouldn't give it a second thought. As long as you aren't re-selling it as a Kontakt library.
Agreed. Frankly, this doesn't even present a moral dilemma. You are only manipulating the source in Kontakt so that it can be used in your compositions which, presumably are otherwise compliant with Spectrasonics restrictions. Go nuts.

It will be interesting to see if O2 adds these features.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

gremlinmoon wrote: Obviously using a dedicated audio editor or sampler is more precise but it is also nice/convenient to be able to keep things in Omni stored as a patch.

Thanks for all your help with this, gremlinmoon. Seriously, I've learned a few things from you about Omni (especially the arp!) from experimenting with your suggestions. It would definitely be nicer to keep it all in Omni, but the results are so much better in Kontakt - it's not just the envelope of the attack, but also that the opening 2 seconds of the sample actually have a different character with a resonant/pitchbendy thing that works at the start, but doesn't work well at all as a loop point.

It would be GREAT to keep it in Omni, but the looping functions in Kontakt definitely make it worth it to move the rendered sample over to Kontakt rather than calibrate the arp and try to blend the loop point with the envelope editor. Hopefully Spectrasonics looks at fixing this. Seems like a no brainer for getting more creative with the soundsource library!!

BERFAB wrote: It will be interesting to see if O2 adds these features.

For sure. It really would allow users to get much more out of the Soundsource library!! Digging into the feature list on the website, it looks doubtful, though :?

jlanthier wrote:
BERFAB wrote: It will be interesting to see if O2 adds these features.

For sure. It really would allow users to get much more out of the Soundsource library!! Digging into the feature list on the website, it looks doubtful, though :?
Well, for starters, since O2 can now (I think?) import samples, you could, say, alter the attack in Kontakt and then re-import to O2 for further editing. If you get that granular synth processing going that Eric demonstrated at NAMM, the results could be quite interesting.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Instruments”