How much effort to convert Alchemy libs to Kontakt or SFZ format?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it take much effort to covert Alchemy libs to either Kontakt format or SFZ (for use in Shortcircuit for example)?

uh, almost impossible would be my answer.

Alchemy libs contain samples that are in sfz format - you 'could' convert those to kontakt if you wanted to.

but the Alchemy libs are really synth patches that tell Alchemy what to do in the granular engine (how the samples are used), or contain straight synth patches with NO samples - you cannot convert something like this.

so what exactly is your thought or what are you trying to accomplish?

MachineClaw wrote:so what exactly is your thought or what are you trying to accomplish?
To be able to use the libs in other progs than Alchemy, but if it can't be done it can't be done...

You can use part of them. The .SFZ and .WAV files could be converted for use in Kontakt. But the .aaz files? I doubt it.

If you own the libraries there is nothing to stop you from using the .SFZ/.WAV files in other instruments. Just do not expect the same results.....

Alchemy stores the sample/preset content in the hidden ProgramData folder, which means it aint easy to navigate to in the Kontakt filebrowers, I'm not sure if Kontakt can see "hidden" folders ?

The Alchemy presets are in *.acp format, where does it store the SFZ's in case?

a conversion to the kore Player would be cool...

[quote="Numanoid"]Alchemy stores the sample/preset content in the hidden ProgramData folder, which means it aint easy to navigate to in the Kontakt filebrowers, I'm not sure if Kontakt can see "hidden" folders ?

The Alchemy presets are in *.acp format, where does it store the SFZ's in case?[/quote]

...in the "samples" Folder there are the wavs and a sfz file....

Numanoid wrote:Alchemy stores the sample/preset content in the hidden ProgramData folder, which means it aint easy to navigate to in the Kontakt filebrowers, I'm not sure if Kontakt can see "hidden" folders ?

The Alchemy presets are in *.acp format, where does it store the SFZ's in case?
The sfzs can be stored wherever you want, once Alchemy has imported the sfz, it doesn't use the original sfz file anymore, as all the mapping info (velocities/round robin/keyswitches/keyzones) will be embedded into the preset.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The sfzs can be stored wherever you want, once Alchemy has imported the sfz, it doesn't use the original sfz file anymore, as all the mapping info (velocities/round robin/keyswitches/keyzones) will be embedded into the preset.
But if I download the presets again, and unpack them in a regular location, how can those SFZ presets manage to look up the samples, without rescripting the info in the files to point them in the right direction ?

Numanoid wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:The sfzs can be stored wherever you want, once Alchemy has imported the sfz, it doesn't use the original sfz file anymore, as all the mapping info (velocities/round robin/keyswitches/keyzones) will be embedded into the preset.
But if I download the presets again, and unpack them in a regular location, how can those SFZ presets manage to look up the samples, without rescripting the info in the files to point them in the right direction ?
Because the sfz-paths are also embedded in the presets, but that's for convenience reasons so that you easily locate them in the library, they are not needed to open he preset as such though, if you remove them, the preset will still open fine.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”