An extern sound card that works also without computer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I would need a soundcard for my new pc which also would work when the computer is shutdown. So it would be powered somewhere else. Why? I will have a TV and a audio device connected to this soundcard also when the computer will be shutdown to hear some music and watch movies..

I need something similar to focusrite saffire pro 14. It could be smaller! 2 midi in/s would be fantastic but I would be satisfied only with one. low latency and some mic preamplifier.. one is enough. :) i dont need a lot of audio inputs.. 4 is enough

price should be around 150€. firewire or usb? i dont know . THANKS
Last edited by kitkonis on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmmm the TV itself doesn't need a sound card.
Are you sure you don't just need a signal splitter instead? ie, two input sources (sound card & TV) into your monitors/amp.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Hmmmm the TV itself doesn't need a sound card.
Are you sure you don't just need a signal splitter instead? ie, two input sources (sound card & TV) into your monitors/amp.
hmm.. yes.. but i dont have a soundcard yet so i need a new one no mather what I will buy/do. Do you can recommend a good signal splitter? I wanted to connect the TV to soundcard also i would then control the volume with the soundcard. :)

thanks

Some RME can be set to standalone mode

eg the original multiface

but you need to start your computer first, set the RME to standalone and then shutdown the computer.
You have to do this everytime unfortunately
Amazon: why not use an alternative

well, that sux, is there no other? lol, i cant believe it. :))) no one made a soudncard that could be in standalone mode? :S

MOTU UltraLite MK3 hybrid does work stand-alone.

Soundcards which also work over ADAT can usually work as standalone devices, I believe.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

zvon wrote:MOTU UltraLite MK3 hybrid does work stand-alone.
thanks but that is too much cash.. i think i need a switch:)

what about this? should do the trick or?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_q802_usb.htm

Why not get a non-standalone interface and a cheap low channel mixer? Other than that budget will probably dictate a Motu interface...
Form & Filter - East London Recording Studios

http://www.formandfilter.com

FormAndFilter wrote:Why not get a non-standalone interface and a cheap low channel mixer? Other than that budget will probably dictate a Motu interface...
i will do that:)

Maybe what you really need / want is a small mixer that also works as a USB audio interface...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:Maybe what you really need / want is a small mixer that also works as a USB audio interface...
This. Unfortunately it seems that the majority of new devices only send a single stereo signal (the full mix) to your computer, so you can't record multiple tracks separately at once even if you have more inputs.

I've been using an Alesis Multimix for years - it's a mixer that also doubles as an audio interface and can send all input channels to your PC separately. If you don't care about being able to record multiple ins and can live with a single stereo input, you'll probably be fine with some of the current low end models - there's no lack of choice in this case.

An audio switch to select whats going to the amplifier/powered speakers or whatever is the easiest way to do this. The TV dosnt need to go through the soundcard. A mixer will be overkill.

what about some little synth with inbuilt soundcard like the novation x station?

My soundcard is a yamaha THR10C
http://forums.songstuff.com/blog/159/en ... -that-can/

It's a guitar amp and a sound card and has an external in. You can always get a common midi usb cable (or two) for your computer. That's what I do.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”