Replicant vs Ubermod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Replicant1 ValhallaÜberMod

Aubrey Lamont wrote:I'm seeing a lot of love for Replika. Is it that good? I have it, but haven't used it yet. I've been relying on Echoboy and Sigmund.
I'm sorry, I'm too curious not to ask: if you have it, why wouldn't you just try it instead of asking people how it is?

But yes, it's excellent, and slightly unique, and it sounds wonderful.

And that price!

:tu:
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

ImNotDedYet wrote:I forgot about Sandman. It looked really cool when it came out. I see it's still crazy cheap too.

Replika still crashes Live for me, so I don't use it. But prior to trying to close it, it sounded good. Not overly functional like many of these mentioned, but very easy to work with and sounds good.
Make sure you've got the newest version of Replika installed. Replika kept crashing Studio One for me. I installed the newest version, and it hasn't crashed on me since.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I'm not seeing Replikant as a FSU effect. More like a comprehensive delay.

Permut8, yeah, FSU, and even Bloom (as a delay) has more FSU potential than Replikant. I'd be interested hearing some examples of Replikant F-ing SU.

Phase47 wrote:I'm not seeing Replikant as a FSU effect. More like a comprehensive delay.

Permut8, yeah, FSU, and even Bloom (as a delay) has more FSU potential than Replikant. I'd be interested hearing some examples of Replikant F-ing SU.
If you mean Replicant, I used it on the guitar and percussion on this track to f**k 'em up.

https://soundcloud.com/dangerousorange/blue
stroker_ace wrote:
Aubrey Lamont wrote:I'm seeing a lot of love for Replika. Is it that good? I have it, but haven't used it yet. I've been relying on Echoboy and Sigmund.
I'm sorry, I'm too curious not to ask: if you have it, why wouldn't you just try it instead of asking people how it is?

But yes, it's excellent, and slightly unique, and it sounds wonderful.

And that price!

:tu:
I have Replika and haven't used it either ... it doesn't work on my system. Wasn't it a xmas freebie?

Naenyn wrote:I feel pathetic that i had to google "FSU effect". :dog:
live and learn :P
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

stroker_ace wrote:
ImNotDedYet wrote:I forgot about Sandman. It looked really cool when it came out. I see it's still crazy cheap too.

Replika still crashes Live for me, so I don't use it. But prior to trying to close it, it sounded good. Not overly functional like many of these mentioned, but very easy to work with and sounds good.
Make sure you've got the newest version of Replika installed. Replika kept crashing Studio One for me. I installed the newest version, and it hasn't crashed on me since.
I keep meaning to see if there's been an update since the first bug fix release, but alas...I'm too lazy and it's not really high on my priority list. ;)

Although I do use Studio One for mixing - which is where I would typically use Replika. And if I recall correctly, it was still having issues with that version I have. Maybe you've moved it up my priority list...

stroker_ace wrote:
I was at work when I asked that, and my job is not music-related.

Prior to my post, it hadn't occurred to me to try Replika. I just have a vague memory of installing it after receiving it from NI.

thecontrolcentre wrote:If you mean Replicant
Lol, I wasn't paying attention and thought people were talking about Replikant (the NI Delay) for some reason. I see now that AD has a FSU thing. Track sounds cool.

Phase47 wrote:
Lol, I wasn't paying attention and thought people were talking about Replikant (the NI Delay) for some reason. I see now that AD has a FSU thing. Track sounds cool.
Native Instruments' delay called Replika.
Peace and tolerance

kangul wrote:
Phase47 wrote:
Native Instruments' delay called Replika.
That's exactly the mistake I made on page 1 of this thread.

I finally got Ubermod, liking it a lot.

I think I will get Satin next.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:I think I will get Satin next.
Out of curiosity ... why Satin?

Naenyn wrote:

The delays sounds very good, fair amount of options and gives a saturation plug I am lacking.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
Naenyn wrote:
The delays sounds very good, fair amount of options and gives a saturation plug I am lacking.
Ah, I hadn't realized it had a delay effect, too. I thought it was just saturation. I <3 u-he, so will have to give that one a closer look. Thanks!

Naenyn wrote:
rod_zero wrote:
Naenyn wrote:
Ah, I hadn't realized it had a delay effect, too. I thought it was just saturation. I <3 u-he, so will have to give that one a closer look. Thanks!
Lot of love out there for Satin. I wasn't enough of a fan to buy it, but it's definitely nice. They actually make some nice effects. Zebrify is another one I happened upon that does some nice stuff.

Return to “Effects”