Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

lotus2035 wrote:I looked into buying this pack a few months ago but I chose not to, I was trying to remember why I passed and as I seem to remember, it was because you can't sell the license on. I can't find confirmation on the site though but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
Anyhow, I couldn't spend that much on something I haven't even demoed and even with the demo versions, audio samples and good word of mouth I'm still not comfortable with the idea of being stuck with something I may not like further down the road.

I will try out the demos though when they are released but they would have to be really something to get me to commit. :party:
This is not correct, you can do a one time re-sale or complete transfer of your license.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

basslinemaster wrote:I bought the Air Instrument Expansion Pack on the weekend, using my voucher from when I bought Hybrid 3 for $49.99. After adding tax, the expansion pack cost me only £104.24, for six VSTs. Downloading was as fast as my ISP could offer, about 10MB/s, and installation of the smaller ones (Velvet, Loom and Vacuum Pro) took about twenty seconds each, and registration was really easy - I just started an instance of the VST in FL Studio, it comes up with a window, you press the 'Activate' button, and paste in your registration code, store the registration info on your PC (you can choose to store it on your iLok, if you have one), and that was it. I then installed Strike, which took quite a while (maybe half an hour, I didn't time it), and I left Structure to install overnight as it was getting late, so I'm not sure how long that took.
So far, I have used Loom - sounds fantastic, low CPU for what it sounds like (compared to what I would have exptected), Vacuum Pro - again sounds fantastic, and Velvet does just what I want - hundreds of electric piano presets. I will test out the rest if I have time tonight, so far I am very pleased with the deal, I don't think there's anything to compete at this price in the market right now.
If anything the K9 crossgrade from elements is probably the closest.

@sbangs so can you give a timeframe on the demos? :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

EDIT: Never mind, I had to go through Akai then Digital River to get the 1.0.4 codes..........all good now. :)

EDIT 2: I've got Loom and Vacuum Pro installed and authorized thanks to the new installers. I just checked my Akai account where Hybrid 3 is located and it's the same version as before with the shorter reg code.

Anyone know is there's an update coming for it's installer/reg codes as well ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

How? I've been struggling getting the software activated since installing the updates. The support guys while initially responsive have still not helped me.
Last edited by needles_eye on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am extremely frustrated with the decision I made to purchase this software. It hasn't worked right in my DAW since purchase. Cubase 8 x64.

I read on the forums that the latest update (x.0.4) would fix my problems. I downloaded and installed the updates yesterday, hoping I'd finally get to actually use the software I purchased. Nope. Now I'm being asked to re activate software that I already activated.

It makes me angry. I don't know how I could honestly recommend this software to anyone, seeing that I haven't been able to use it since paying for it, and now I am waiting for the support guys to get back to me.

Edited to add: Screw you software pirates, you damned thieves. You morons make it suck for people willing to pay for their software by forcing companies to add draconian anti theft measures just to make sure they can recoup their losses incurred developing software that you like enough to steal, but not enough to buy.. Selfish bastards. I am beyond pissed.
Last edited by needles_eye on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want to sell cheap, send me an email :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

sbangs_air wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:I looked into buying this pack a few months ago but I chose not to, I was trying to remember why I passed and as I seem to remember, it was because you can't sell the license on. I can't find confirmation on the site though but I'm pretty sure that was the case.
Anyhow, I couldn't spend that much on something I haven't even demoed and even with the demo versions, audio samples and good word of mouth I'm still not comfortable with the idea of being stuck with something I may not like further down the road.

I will try out the demos though when they are released but they would have to be really something to get me to commit. :party:
This is not correct, you can do a one time re-sale or complete transfer of your license.
Can parts of the AIEP be sold, such as Structure or Strike, if they were purchased within the AIEP bundle?

needles_eye wrote:How? I've been struggling getting the software activated since installing the updates. The support guys while initially responsive have still not helped me.
I've been waiting all day for an e-mail that was supposed to come but still nothing. What I had to do was go to my Akai account where my MPK261 is registered and then re-use the coupon code and link to Digital River and the 1.0.4 updates were there including the new format activation codes. No notice that anything had been updated from Akai or Air at all. I just stumbling onto it by trying everything I could think of......still looking for the new format code/installer for Hybrid which is directly in my Akai account. :?

The good thing about the new installers is they allow you to choose not to install the AAX and 32 bit versions if you don't want them.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry, Double Post
Last edited by needles_eye on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

No that's ok, thanks for the offer though :)

I'll keep it because I'm sure it's great software. I was just venting my frustration. I'm sure within a day or two all of the activation issues will be worked out. The fault truly does lie at the feet of the fools that pirate software. They make it difficult for legit buyers to use the software they paid for because they think that just because they exist they are entitled to steal and use products that are the result of the blood sweat and tears of men and women that work their asses off to contribute to society rather than leech off of it.

Come to think of it, my own post above, regarding whether or not I'd recommend the software to others, is only a step above the very people I am currently ranting against. I apologize to the the people at AIR for my previous post. I was selfishly criticizing software, that I'm sure is amazing, just because I've had to wait a while to use it.

I disagree. that fault lies with Air. They dont' have to be so draconian. They are in the top as far as most annoying goes, somewhere in the middle between u-he and Air is acceptable.

dw

dusted william wrote:I disagree. that fault lies with Air. They dont' have to be so draconian. They are in the top as far as most annoying goes, somewhere in the middle between u-he and Air is acceptable.

dw
While I think that AIR could be quicker to respond and deal with activation issues that legit buyers are having, if it weren't for thieves we wouldn't even be having an issue.

True, but I have a feeling that Air would still be a slight pain in the butt even without the existence of pirates.

just my opinion, based on my dealings with them.

dw

dusted william wrote:True, but I have a feeling that Air would still be a slight pain in the butt even without the existence of pirates.

just my opinion, based on my dealings with them.

dw
Fair enough. Hopefully they read this thread and the similar ones on their own forums soon.

Still waiting for my updates after reporting bug(s) and being told to test to see if fixed on my system.
Nice to know they exist, but haven't been notified about it.

Return to “Instruments”