Waves Native pricing to be retired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ultrasonic wrote:Nobodys buying doubler, so lets raise the price of that.......lol ive never even heard of anyone specifically buying doubler.
I use the crap out of Doubler, but I'd never buy it as a single unless it was on one of their $9 Black Friday deals. They WANT you to buy a bundle with it in there at the price they're gouging you for without a sale on it.

SOB... they raised the WUP cap from $240 to $300.

DJMaytag wrote:SOB... they raised the WUP cap from $240 to $300.
Looks like a can of WUPass was opened :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yep. It's official. I'm done with Waves and am considering selling off many of my plugs/bundles.

MultiRack went up to $600,
I recall it being $500 before.
They get you coming and going.

As far as I remember it was always $240 when renewing within 30 days, then $300 max.

But been customer two years only.

DJMaytag wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:Nobodys buying doubler, so lets raise the price of that.......lol ive never even heard of anyone specifically buying doubler.
I use the crap out of Doubler, but I'd never buy it as a single unless it was on one of their $9 Black Friday deals. They WANT you to buy a bundle with it in there at the price they're gouging you for without a sale on it.
Yeah, that's why its on sale right now. :roll:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

lfm wrote:
As far as I remember it was always $240 when renewing within 30 days, then $300 max.

But been customer two years only.
Last week I could have WUP'ed everything for $240. Now it's $300.

This is true, I think they lifted the cap up to $300.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Andy Gone wrote:This is true, I think they lifted the cap up to $300.
It was $300 two years ago also(my first entry to Waves) - the max fee for the lot.

I looked the other day - and unless I checked I assure I only use on one computer at a time - it became $440. If having licenses on flash drive that will be the case anyway, so don't understand why this confusing statement is there at all.

My WUP expired in dec 2014 - so $300 was expected.

I renewed once, and it was $205 for a full 18 months - since the last bought plugin became the ending line. But that was through retailer then.

But I'm good for now - but if new H-Reverb turns out to be a must have, I might get that if a bargain deal arise.

The driving force for updates might be the new OS coming up. It is suprisingly many updates that suddenly make software malfunction in new OS. But as I understand from frequent talks to Waves support over this - it's basically v10.x of Waves that require WUP to update/upgrade for free. All bugfixes with v9revision are free either way.

lfm wrote:
Andy Gone wrote:This is true, I think they lifted the cap up to $300.
It was $300 two years ago also(my first entry to Waves) - the max fee for the lot.

I looked the other day - and unless I checked I assure I only use on one computer at a time - it became $440. If having licenses on flash drive that will be the case anyway, so don't understand why this confusing statement is there at all.

My WUP expired in dec 2014 - so $300 was expected.

I renewed once, and it was $205 for a full 18 months - since the last bought plugin became the ending line. But that was through retailer then.

But I'm good for now - but if new H-Reverb turns out to be a must have, I might get that if a bargain deal arise.

The driving force for updates might be the new OS coming up. It is suprisingly many updates that suddenly make software malfunction in new OS. But as I understand from frequent talks to Waves support over this - it's basically v10.x of Waves that require WUP to update/upgrade for free. All bugfixes with v9revision are free either way.
Yes, you're right about free v9 updates even without WUP. A lot of people get confused about that. Not sure why.

The $240 limit was a bug, I think. It was always supposed to be $300 max once WUP expired. However, up to the website update last week, it used to be $240 max even if WUP had expired.

I really wish Waves had the exact same system for licenses as Plugin-Alliance. Three licenses to go, you can re-activate the same system without penalty after a re-install and if you update or upgrade your computer, free one license spot by removing that old machine forever. Makes me feel all warm and legit ;)

I state this in every WUP discussion and I'll say it again, the WUP makes most sense if you can afford Mercury. Because that basically turns WUP into a subscription for new plug-ins. Pay WUP only when Waves release something you want and you get almost everything released since WUP expired, the one thing you really want plus everything they release in the next 12 months (usually 4-6 new ones). That's actually a pretty sweet deal, I think.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

I'm also discovering how not staying current with WUP prevents you from selling your plugins. I'd love to recoup most of what I paid for my L3-16 bundle, but it would cost me $50 at the moment to re-up the WUP in order to sell it. LAME.

DJMaytag wrote:I'm also discovering how not staying current with WUP prevents you from selling your plugins. I'd love to recoup most of what I paid for my L3-16 bundle, but it would cost me $50 at the moment to re-up the WUP in order to sell it. LAME.
That is super lame..and i knew that, but i wonder what else you CANT do with expired WUP? Move licenses from one flash drive to another, if a flash drive happens to break?

My CLA sig series bundle is $76 to WUP and im pretty damn sure it was $100 in december.

some rhetorical questions: Why do i pay almost as much WUP as mercury owners with my 7 waves products?
Why do i pay $76 for my CLA signature series bundle and $19.40 for my Musicians2 bundle? Is it harder to fix when issues arise??

Why is Pumper $10 to renew WUP and the L1 $25 ?? I didnt pay ANYTHING for pumper...should WUP be the price we paid and not what Waves BELIEVES it to be valued at?? Its pretty evident to all of us, that Waves over values ther plugins severely.

how much effort goes into giving me a 9.4 installer to replace my 9.3 installer? which is an identical product.

Does it cost Waves ANY part of $76 for me to move my CLA bundle from 9.3 to 9.4?

Waves calls this an extended warranty. Somehow this doesnt feel anything like an extended warranty to me. Nor does it feel anything like, something people should have to pay for. I get why one would have to pay an extended warranty..because somebody is going to have to do EXTRA work on your car or whatever. What extra work (or features for that matter) am i paying Waves for? You want to do ONE fix and charge everybody premium price for it.

Honestly, can you shit on the people actually paying for you plugins any more?

IMO Waves prices their plugins this way to keep their WUP as high as possible. Whos going to buy pumper for $80??
There ya have it...

^ Update CLA 9.3 to 9.x? It´s free.

sonicpowa wrote:^ Update CLA 9.3 to 9.x? It´s free.
Not if your WUP is expired.
There ya have it...

Return to “Effects”