Any news on 1.2 beta?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe they are silience cause they have their hands full of fixing alot of things that did not turn out as expected. blood tears and sweat :phones: :borg: :hyper:
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

maybe someone broke his finger and now has to use another one, wich makes him slower. I hope not but could be.. :)

Suloo wrote:maybe someone broke his finger and now has to use another one, wich makes him slower. I hope not but could be.. :)
hehe never say never :hihi: bet its hard with extra help if someone is sick or needs to take a day of. Even if what 3 people have manage to do there is stil the downside that its hard to find substitutes if anything happens
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

narosis wrote:I meant to use the word "lease" at an attempt to end my rant with a touch of sarcastic wit. Trust and believe I would NEVER jump ship especially to the overpriced and overrated "nameless"! I ask that all forgive my impatient venting as it is nothing more than a way to air my frustration, it is not to anger nor incite a flame war, just words expressing my anxiety & impatience. I apologize if I offended the Devs, Dom, & other bitwig users as it was not my intention to do so.

If it helps, It sounds like you're feeling the same as me. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing groups in the beta and I must admit, I'd built my hopes up for a feb release of the beta a little too much. But everytime I feel like posting into this thread, I tell myself not to because I know how hard it can be to meet release dates with coding, and I can't even imagine something the size of Bitwig.

I don't want the devs or Bitwig crew to have to experience impatience over release dates, they've proven they're EXTREMELY dedicated to what they say and do and have yet to disappoint me with anything. If they didn't release it in Feb I honestly believe they had a completely valid reason to do so, and telling us "Sorry guys, it might take a little longer" isn't really going to help anyone, especially if more problems might happen along the way.

Don't feel bad though, I see your post as a positive thing that you're looking forward to it so much, and your apology for the phrasing shows you have a good character too :)

I guess if we don't get groups for a little while longer we can all stand around group hugging and showing or support.

Or not ;)
Formally known as CnuTram.

Hmm, we could also start posting cat pics like in the good old days :D

It's ok because it's going to come today :pray:

Guys, sorry. I'm responsible for the delay as I submitted a bug report two days ago choking the devs :scared:

Is it likely we'll see more new stuff than those revealed: Groups, Audition browser, New factory content and Retina display support? Like some new FX device or so? :love:
Bitwig

Yes, we'll see more stuff, I dunno if it will be anything as big new devices but if you look at the 1.1 changelog it had craploads of stuff big and small. And Dom mentioned a "secret" feature awhile back.

There were a couple extra things you could see even in the namm demos - inspector info for selected device and some different icons in the layered editing view that indicate they are tweaking how that works.

krixa wrote:Guys, sorry. I'm responsible for the delay as I submitted a bug report two days ago choking the devs :scared:
IT WAS YOU?!

:hihi:

I hope the secret is fades, really miss that...

it has been said that it is not something basic, not sure if it was already the audition browser tho..

When and where did they talk about this "secret"? URL please :D
Bitwig

Hmm did some searching and this was all I could find:
dom@bitwig wrote:Nope, track grouping is the only 1.2 feature we'll disclose.
Just because it's on the one hand a really important but on the other hand a more or less "boring and me too" feature, comparable to VST multiout support, even if we enhanced that a bit with the device chains and the save-as-a-package things...

What makes me reeeaaally excited about 1.2 is still a secret :-)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5944339

So maybe the secret feature was the audition browser which has since been revealed.

Ogopogo wrote: So maybe the secret feature was the audition browser which has since been revealed.
Yeah probably!

Nope, i do not believe the audition browser was the surprise, because this is stated on their website...

"Just a sneak preview of some of the features you can expect: Group Tracks, the Audition Browser, a major Factory Content Update, and more... It wouldn't be a Bitwig Update without a few surprises."

"AND MORE"...

Anyways, he said in the NAMM video that, "we will release it, when it is ready"

So... HYH :lol:

Return to “Bitwig”