Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sunrizer Sunrizer synth

Updated post ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Ok Digital River seem to be out to gouge UK customers as usual - $50 in UK Pounds is £32.51, they are making it out to be £35.93 plus tax which brings it to £43.12. I don't mind paying the tax but they are adding an extra markup on top of that for no good reason other than profiteering.

aMUSEd wrote:Money left to get these

http://www.albaecstasy.ro/sunrizer-presets/
Thanks for the heads up!

I wondered what to do with the leftover funds. Now they're not leftover any more… :wink:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

This a great synth at a good price. I use it all the time on the iPad and the miniature version on an iPod Touch.

Hurrah for Mac Users. :clap:

And I hope that a Windows version is coming soon and will also offer an introductory price!! :pray:
바보

bftucker wrote:Hurrah for Mac Users. :clap:
That's a bit biased now innit? :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:
bftucker wrote:Hurrah for Mac Users. :clap:
That's a bit biased now innit? :hihi:
Probably not...I don't have and will never have a Mac since I like to build my own PCs. So I hope BeepStreet makes it for Win soon -- though I have plenty of other cool toys to amuse me while I wait.
바보

bftucker wrote:I don't have and will never have a Mac
Good enough for me :hug:

As far as I understand, there's only the AU version right now... Unfortunately Cubase supports only VST and I'm not willing to work with Logic or to sync Logic or Mainstage to Cubase just for a synth. :(

No Mac VST???

sin night wrote:As far as I understand, there's only the AU version right now... Unfortunately Cubase supports only VST and I'm not willing to work with Logic or to sync Logic or Mainstage to Cubase just for a synth. :(
You could load it via something like Metaplugin or Bidule or that Bluecat subhost.

I could, but it still isn't a perfect workflow.

The issue is that using wrappers/layers (or slaving a machine) just because of format incompatibility takes away from the tight integration I expect from workflow with software. It's just something I don't want to deal with (by the way, I could do the slaved machine in a minute if I wanted to, since I already own everything that's needed to setup that).
It doesn't do for me, I'm sorry.

How hard is it to make a VST from AU code??? I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it were VST, because it definitely sounds amazing. Having to buy a wrapper doubles the cost and makes this an unattractive buy.

DJMaytag wrote:How hard is it to make a VST from AU code??? I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it were VST, because it definitely sounds amazing. Having to buy a wrapper doubles the cost and makes this an unattractive buy.
OK this is a trick I have used a few times, On Mac some AUs can be converted to appear as VSTs in a host simply by making a copy, changing the extension from .au to .vst (and visa versa) and putting it in your VST folder. I just tried this with the Sunrizer demo and was able to load it as a VST plugin in Tracktion and Bitwig Studio ;)

Proof:

Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

and that trick works with Cubase too!

So far working in all hosts I've tried, even those like Studio One that support au are still putting the one with the vst extension in the vst category.

Return to “Instruments”