KnobMan/SkinMan Examples

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote:Beautiful!
:clap:
I hope this topic gets alive again and maybe g200kg returns to further development.

.knob file
What is phase?
Baby don't spin me,
Don't spin me
No more.

Great work 1eqinfinity. :clap:

Are you going to post the .knob files for the tape reels? :pray: I would love to see what's going on inside.

"Hair of the Dog": Bauhaus or Nazareth or neither?*

*The correct answer is Bauhaus. :)

@1wob2many
Thanks. Here's Hair of the Dog (Nazareth btw :wink: ).
It's heavy on CPU, may take some time to load.
As one can see, the main impression comes from accurately chosen texture layers, speculiars and sharp shadows. Put that away, and it's a lifeless load of layered figures. From here comes another thing: these values vary dramaticaly from knob to knob, so it's pretty useless to try and build a general template for the future projects.
Also, classical Photoshop kungfu with separate objects for shadows/highlights and bulges/sockets in KnobMan is often redundant.

Man, I really want g200kg to fix a couple of bugs and optimize a couple of things. It would be a killer tool, seriously. For now I spend 15 min on average to render a control element like this. This is a bummer when you notice a small error that needs to be fixed.

1eqinfinity wrote:@1wob2many
Thanks. Here's [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://yadi.sk/d/k8TaVbSLfV3E5</span>]Hair of the Dog[/url] (Nazareth btw :wink: ).
It's heavy on CPU, may take some time to load.
As one can see, the main impression comes from accurately chosen texture layers, speculiars and sharp shadows. Put that away, and it's a lifeless load of layered figures. From here comes another thing: these values vary dramaticaly from knob to knob, so it's pretty useless to try and build a general template for the future projects.
Also, classical Photoshop kungfu with separate objects for shadows/highlights and bulges/sockets in KnobMan is often redundant.

Man, I really want g200kg to fix a couple of bugs and optimize a couple of things. It would be a killer tool, seriously. For now I spend 15 min on average to render a control element like this. This is a bummer when you notice a small error that needs to be fixed.
Thanks. I've downloaded the Hair of the Dog knob. Don't feel the need to upload the others just for me.

My forays into Knobman have mainly been messing around with some of those posted in the Knobman Gallery and coming up with something far worse than the original. Graphic design etc is not my forte, but I do enjoy have a fiddle with my knobs. :)

@1wob2many
Don't feel the need to upload the others just for me.
I'd like to keep a couple of things closed, at least for a while. Not that I'm greedy :)

1eqinfinity wrote:@1wob2many
Don't feel the need to upload the others just for me.
I'd like to keep a couple of things closed, at least for a while. Not that I'm greedy :)
Totally understood.

As a side note, I'm guessing these were created using JKnobMan 1.32 as KnobMan 1.5 didn't like the .knob file - 10 layers of nothing. It opened fine in JKnobMan though. I guess backward compatibility is another bug in JKnobMan.

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!
...these were created using JKnobMan 1.32...
Yes, you're right.

Awesome! inspiring. Thank you :tu: 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Would any of the KnobMan users here be so kind to make an old, outworn knob for my plugin ?

I've looked here and on other place for KnobMan projects but they don't really fit, too 'polished' for what I have in mind and I don't have the skills (yet) to do it myself, unfortunately.

The plugin (currently in development) will be freeware, so I can't really pay anything, but could give credit of course.

If interested, PM me so I can give further details.

Would be really appreciated, thanks.

Great thread that I just happened to find. Anyone know why there are so many images missing?
Music and soundware production
http://www.root-sounds.com

Perhaps because the most recent image posted was from 2015

Edit: although I can now see some images which didn't load last time I logged in.

matt42 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:23 pm Perhaps because the most recent image posted was from 2015

Edit: although I can now see some images which didn't load last time I logged in.
At first I thought the same thing, but it's not the oldest that are missing. There doesn't seem to be a logic behind it. Anyway, still good reading, thanks!
Music and soundware production
http://www.root-sounds.com

I guess people are randomly deleting what they consider as old wasteful pictures?
You can't post actual images on KVR, just link them.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”