Appregiator recomendation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP hypercyclic Kirnu RandARP

Hi All

Could you take a moment to recommend a good (free :) ) appregiator.

I have the Blue Arp, and Kirnu Cream, but neither seems to work in my DAW (Live 9)

Appreciate all recommendations.

Igg

I've listed almost all of the free ones here: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2011/08 ... u-plugins/

There's also this one (RandARP): http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/06 ... -midi-vst/
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Iggmeister wrote: I have the Blue Arp, and Kirnu Cream, but neither seems to work in my DAW (Live 9)
Are you sure you set it up correctly? Ableton Live is listed under the hosts it should run on in Kirnu's manual. And BlueArp should work too?

Kirnu Cream works on my Live 9 install, but it is quite counterintuitive to set up. You have to have Cream on its own MIDI track, and then the instrument you want to drive on a second MIDI track. The second track should have its "MIDI From" choosers set to "1-Kirnu-CreamCM x64" and "Kirnu-CreamCM x64". Make sure monitoring is turned on for the second track so you can hear the output. I am using the free version that comes with Computer Music Magazine, but the standard version should work the same way. Essentially, you are routing MIDI data from the Cream track to the instrument track, and then out to Master. The Cream track gets MIDI data from your controller, computer keyboard, or MIDI clip, processes it, and sends it to the second instrument track. Where I got hung up was I left the second "MIDI From" chooser at "Pre FX," not noticing there was a Kirnu-Cream option at the bottom. I wish Ableton would make this more user friendly, but it's not so bad once you get the hang of it. I hope that helps.

It does thanks - but the problem I have with it is that once i've installed it to my vst folder, it just doesnt show up in my plug ins folder in the DAW

Are you using a 32 bit version in a 64 bit host?

Why would you not use Live's arpeggiator? It works pretty well.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:Why would you not use Live's arpeggiator? It works pretty well.
Could be that the OP is using the lite version of Live 9, and the arp function is not implemented in that?

Apprwhat? :P
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Numanoid wrote:
Deep Purple wrote:Why would you not use Live's arpeggiator? It works pretty well.
Could be that the OP is using the lite version of Live 9, and the arp function is not implemented in that?
That's a good point. I have the full version and I'm not sure of the difference.
Sweet child in time...

Well, if he got the full version of Live 9, using the inbuilt arp function would be the best thing.

My experience with Live is that VST compatability isn't fully implemented, so using inbuilt functions where possible would most def be the best thing.

I think VST compatibility is generally good in Live, but it doesn't handle 32 bit or mono only VSTs.

I certainly have no complaints about most of the built in tools though.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:I think VST compatibility is generally good in Live, but it doesn't handle 32 bit or mono only VSTs.
I had big problems in Live 8 LE, it used to freeze up on start up because it had problems scanning some of the plugs in my VST folder, I think because they were demos.

So it froze up, and I couldn't get into the prog to change the VST folder, so it was total Catch 22, now I'm using Live 9 Lite but not with VSTs

Instead of freezing with problematic VSTs, it should skip those.

Thanks all for the replies

I'm using full version of Live 9, but I find the in built arp very basic - am hoping to find something that I can use to generate more complicated patterns with.

I'm sure Ive been installing the 64 bit version of Cream, but i'm away now to just double check :)

Return to “Instruments”