So... Tracktion.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Trackion 5 (and 6) are really quite good. T5 in particular runs very smoothly and efficiently and rarely crashes or has bad bugs. They introduced some stupid bugs in T6 (like a pretty dumb recording bug) but I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

I think it's a joy to use, although I still wish they gave us an optional, traditional mixer view as well.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I'm using it and loving it. I'm not really pushing it and obsessively trying out new features etc, so I don't feel there's much value in me making assessment of updates. I can give them a thumbs up for quickly correcting a mistake I made when updating, and in terms of stability etc. I'm very happy. I will probably make use of things like Celemony Melodyne integration, tape stop effects and pitch shifting (recently improved?) in the near future. I notice I use the improved browser on the left hand more than I expected, and the CPU-meter and list are also useful. All and all, I feel they're doing a good job developing new features while keeping it stable and fast (the latter is more important to me than new features at this stage).

In my view - Tracktion is not a serious attempt to make a stunning daw.

It's just to get paying customers to work as bugtrackers for Jules JUCE libraries for cross platform development.

Bought T4 - and my god, it was more like a pre-release for alpha or something. Nothing you expect for a v4.x.

I don't know about pre-alphas here. It is good for what it does though.

I think it does not have the same....ermmmm...flare for controversy as some ....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

lfm wrote:In my view - Tracktion is not a serious attempt to make a stunning daw.

It's just to get paying customers to work as bugtrackers for Jules JUCE libraries for cross platform development.

Bought T4 - and my god, it was more like a pre-release for alpha or something. Nothing you expect for a v4.x.
You should try T5.
Entirely different beast.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I agree T5 was a solid release , T4 was updated during T5 cycle too, a lot of bug fixes. T6 just came out so yeah I expected some bugs here and there , they'll fix it , just like they fixed 4 before 5 came out .

lfm wrote:In my view - Tracktion is not a serious attempt to make a stunning daw.

I think Tracktion is really far behind the times and isn't that spectacular to me personally, but saying that it is to get paying customers to test 'Jules' JUCE libraries when he doesn't even own JUCE anymore is hilarious haha
Duh

Here is a YouTube playlist showing demos of many of the new Tracktion 6 features:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... DWt2SMX9bn

bungle wrote:

I think Tracktion is really far behind the times and isn't that spectacular to me personally, but saying that it is to get paying customers to test 'Jules' JUCE libraries when he doesn't even own JUCE anymore is hilarious haha
Well, my remark was 20 months ago(summer 2013) - and he used us paying users was my feeling - it was not close to release standards. If it's sold now, good for him. I saw some remark on Cubase 8 in a thread related to it - don't remember.

Was it Steinberg that bought it?

Erm no, you remark was March 4th 2015 and if you are going to comment on a DAW without using it for two years, well that is just as hilarious.
Duh

gigazaga wrote:Here is a YouTube playlist showing demos of many of the new Tracktion 6 features:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... DWt2SMX9bn
Nice. Thanks.

I haven't even installed it here yet, been busy with other things today (as you already know). I'll get around to it soon though. Looks nice.

This thread has gained some tracktion since the last time I peeked at it.

memyselfandus wrote:This thread has gained some tracktion since the last time I peeked at it.
And needing some Reatracktion on some of the flaming comments . :hihi:

fedexnman wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:This thread has gained some tracktion since the last time I peeked at it.
And needing some Reatracktion on some of the flaming comments . :hihi:
It wasn't so much flaming, as claiming it was a con-tracktion.

Seriously, that white noise is really big distracktion :shrug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”