Installing Chris Hein Horns Compact in Kontakt5

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You would think that installing the Chris Hein Horns Compact would be a piece of cake ... but I was wrong. It didn't work for me on my Receptor 2 Pro Max. It installed just as expected on my PC. Did anyone have luck in installing the CCH library on their Receptor?

In the mean time, were anybody able to install Chris Hein Horns Compact on a Receptor VIP/Trio/Quattro?

I have given up on trying to get Chris Hein to work with me on this issue. Muse people say it is a problem with the version of Kontakt that Chris Hein used to create the library. Chris Hein says it is a Muse problem and didn't want to pursue it further. Personally, I would look for another solution.

What was the issue? Is it possible to open the library in Kontakt, or does it only function as a separate program?

It doesn't work in any form on my Receptor. I have exhausted enough time and energy in this. I highly recommend everyone to stay away from Chris Hein and his Compact Horns on Receptor.

The issue is that the library cannot be added or registered on Phil's Receptor due to Kontakt 5 being in 32bit mode. Some libraries you are able to add using an older version of Kontakt, this was not the case for Phil unfortunately. The latest model of Receptors, VIP/TRIO/QUATTRO are capable of adding libraries such as Chris Hein's simply do to the fact that they can run the 64bit version of Kontakt 5.

Phil if you are interested in sending in your Receptor to have the library added please contact me and we can figure something out. I never heard back from you on whether or not you were successfully able to add the registry.

-Nick

Return to “Muse Research and Development”