Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Ole still following this forum?

I'm playing a Takamine Nylon string classical using a Palathetic pickup and a CTP-2 Preamp. The program tracks very well, much to my surprise, but there are a few ghosts and anomalies. For "classical" guitars like mine, it might be possible to tweak better (I think the bass strings have more power than the trebles, compared to electric).

I read in the SOS review that Midi Guitar compares input to a table and calculates the Midi note from there. Would it be eventually possible to provide our own tables for comparision (e.g., sample all the notes on my guitar for comparison). I have no idea how your program actually works, so it is just an idea.. Or at least provide a table for nylon string and steel string acoustics.....

Any suggestions to improve things for those of us with these types of guitars?

demos please.

Yeah, it's been a while...

From the responses, particularly those recent, it seems guitars with an abundance of higher harmonics work best - strats, teles, and acoustics. Or maybe more it's the pickups used - single-coils, piezo, and internal-body.

I tried this with a solid body Sojing "silent guitar", and the software worked well, but the guitar itself was lacking in construction (fretting problems - inconsistent notes). I have a Yamaha SLG130NW "silent guitar" arriving tomorrow, and will be interested to see how that works....

But I kind of like the mix between the Midi synth and the natural sound ("unplugged", unprocessed) of the Takamine (mixed in my Daw)... lots of experimenting to do.

Hi Ole and everyone at Jam Origin. I´m Ariajazz and used to be one of your beta testers for MG. I decided to contact you to inform about the latest experience with MG. Tested v1.0 and tried to work with it recently. This is what I found.

1.- Problems scanning plugins, many of them were not recognized and some of they did not even open showing an error message of "could not create plugin instance" or somethin like that.

2.- Plugin list dropdown box apears behind the GUI making it imposible to handle. (plugin mode)

3.- MG crashes SONAR X3, sometimes with BSOD in Win7 x64. I mentioned this issue on the KVR forum time ago. This has been happening since previous versions. No way to work with it in SONAR.

4.- Tracking is not accurate. I still think best version is 6.1. It only needs better latency and polyphony accuracy.

Thanks again to allow me be part of this project.

Update?

From their website
What to expect of 2015…
January 5, 2015/in MIDI Bass, MIDI Guitar, News /by JamOrigin

2014 was a great year for us at Jam Origin. The reception of MIDI Guitar has been overwhelmingly positive and we have been thrilled by the feedback from users. Meanwhile, we’ve had a whole year to do our research and we have been able to devote it entirely to new developments of technology that will power the next generation of audio/midi solutions.

We plan to release the following products in 2015:

MIDI Guitar 2.0.
This update will be free for all customers.
The App Store/Mac Store cousins MIDI Guitar for iOS and MIDI Guitar for Garageband might get an update too.
MIDI Bass 0.2 BETA.
Tracking and performance improvements, plus most of the new features of MG 2.0.
MIDI Violin 0.1 BETA.
More info will be available via our mailing list.
And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists.

More info will appear on this site, but for more info on joining beta’s and for notification about all of our releases, please consider signing up to our mailing list.

Wishing you all a great 2015!
Stay tuned.
Jam Origin
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Any word on an update to Midi Bass?

Well, well, well. I only check this thread for updates, so I'm just now finding out. Very curious, especially as I've gone and gotten a Fishman Triple Play and am quite happy, but not necessarily satisfied, with it. Looking forward to this.

Jusplayinmybass wrote:Any word on an update to Midi Bass?
An announcement half-way down the page yo.

neshel wrote:An announcement half-way down the page yo.
Sorry. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

"And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists." :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

what is it??

memyselfandus wrote:"And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists." :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

what is it??
It corrects your pitch and timing so you dont sound so shit :P
Amazon: why not use an alternative

"And one more thing… a new kind of thing… for guitarists."

The EHX's pedals and (and Zoom's too) do polyphonic pitch shifting, polyphonic Hammond organs, synth, ... and it is all in small boxes with normal guitars and usual cables powered by AA batteries and it costs .... <$100. What can be newer than that .... for guitarists ?

How is the ipad version for tracking? compared to the vst?

Return to “Instruments”