"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seriously? Not even in a different thread? That's ridiculous!

Only real spammers get to post more than once a minute :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p6065079

Exactly. Punish the legit users with something that doesn't stop the abusers. Nice!

(Oh, I'd like to hit reply now, but of course it won't take it yet... this is f**king retarded!!!)

You guys must be able to type faster than I can ...

[edit] KVR appears to be broken ... wtf?
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Try another reply right now, TCC...

(Well, maybe it's too late already because I just had to wait 3 minutes to submit THAT reply!)

Yeah ... seems to be broken

Edit Now it's OK :hihi:

I don't think it's broken so much as JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Something odd is going on for sure. So far it's only this thread for me.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Something odd is going on for sure. So far it's only this thread for me.
It seems like perfectly intended behavior. Whatever thread, it won't accept new posts within less than n minutes of each other, where n >= extremely annoying.

It seems now it has to be 5 minutes between each posting, that will make rather difficult to participate in a discussion in realtime :help:

That Anna spambot forced this change?! :x :x :x

Numanoid wrote:It seems now it has to be 5 minutes between each posting, that will make rather difficult to participate in a discussion in realtime :help:

That Anna spambot forced this change?! :x :x :x
Someone half-named a spambot after my product? :(

(For that matter, another soft-synth! Better Call Saul!!!)

If that's the case, this is a typically tone deaf response from KVR, whoever they are now. This technique is a VERY blunt instrument. 5 seconds, I could see. Maybe even 15 seconds? But 5 minutes??? (If that's what it actually is, it feels more like centuries. How is anyone supposed to hold a thought for that long -- other than the pending post that won't submit and is only a browser crash away from vanishing forever.)

Yep, way to F the users in their As for something they didn't do.

Five minutes?

Edit: Hm. This was my test post. I posted at 4:21 in one thread, waited maybe twenty seconds, posted here.

I have nothing to do with implementing (and no ability to fix) this, but if it's happening consistently, I agree that it seems screwy.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Five minutes?
Yes, I posted at 12:02, and then got error "you can't post so soon" when I wanted to reply in this thread, the post went in 12:08

Wow. Well, I hope that's a glitch and not a policy.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Wow. Well, I hope that's a glitch and not a policy.
That's what SHE said! ;)

Return to “Site Stuff”