Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

EvilDragon wrote:
EnGee wrote:It happens only with S1. Anyway, I'll report this one with structure.
It happens in Reaper as well.
I've just tested it with Reaper 64bit version 4.77. I couldn't find the same problem (neither in Cubase Elements 7 or Sonar X3e all 64bit) in Win 8.1 64bit. But sure I did in S1 which I reported it.

Which version of Reaper you have?

Latest Reaper 64-bit, W7 64-bit. GUI is all messed up upon loading Transfuser, when going to Edit mode in Structure, when going to Smart page in Vaccuum Pro. It eats into Reaper's plugin window toolbar and "overwrites" it... After closing the GUI then reopening it it fixes it (but not with Transfuser).

I can confirm the Vacuum Pro gui issue with Reaper (Win 7 64 bit). Going to the Smart page and back causes the gui to be scrambled as Evil Dragon just described.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yes there is a mess with Reaper in the upper row especially with the plugins that resize (Arturia Arp2600V also!). I will report this as well. Thanks.

Spitfire31 wrote:From an early post, I got the impression that the 'small' updates would also function as a 'demo'.

Well, Velvet 2.0.4 certainly doesn't work like that. It demands the full version to be installed. Mac OS 10.9.5.

So, where ARE the demos, please?

/Joachim
Hello, to preserve the bandwidth for customers updating we haven't turned this on yet.
You can indeed use Loom, Hybrid 3 and Vacuums update files as Demo versions.
Once the update rush has finished we will turn this on for all products. Thanks for your understanding.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:From an early post, I got the impression that the 'small' updates would also function as a 'demo'.

Well, Velvet 2.0.4 certainly doesn't work like that. It demands the full version to be installed. Mac OS 10.9.5.

So, where ARE the demos, please?

/Joachim
Hello, to preserve the bandwidth for customers updating we haven't turned this on yet.
You can indeed use Loom, Hybrid 3 and Vacuums update files as Demo versions.
Once the update rush has finished we will turn this on for all products. Thanks for your understanding.
Thank you for the heads up! I'll arm myself with some patience, then… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Musical Gym wrote:None of my instruments load in Studio One any longer even though they're listed in S1's instrument browser.
If I rewire Reaper into S1, I can load them all no problem in Reaper.
I copied all instruments to 5 separate locations and rescanned all paths, but no success.
I believe I had this problem initially; just need to remember how I fixed it.

I went to reinstall Hybrid but only got the option to uninstall it.
Should I uninstall everything and just accept the default locations?
I loaded a project that contained all instruments but S1 shows them all as missing devices.
It sounds like you need to clear your S1 plugin cache *Edit I see you have done this and it worked*
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

EnGee wrote:Yes there is a mess with Reaper in the upper row especially with the plugins that resize (Arturia Arp2600V also!). I will report this as well. Thanks.
It's already reported to Simon, months ago, by me. :)

EvilDragon wrote:
EnGee wrote:Yes there is a mess with Reaper in the upper row especially with the plugins that resize (Arturia Arp2600V also!). I will report this as well. Thanks.
It's already reported to Simon, months ago, by me. :)
Oh I see. Why you don't be a beta tester? You will be in direct touch with the developers (in addition to Simon of course if needed). Just ask Simon for it. I thought you will be from the first testers ;)

I'm just discovering Strike now! what a great drummer! It is a great way to learn how to program drums as well. The complexity also shows grayed in the editor (if not used) which is a very nice idea. I find the kits sound very good. They are more of bread and butter drums (everything from vintage to electronic to dubstep!). I'm very impressed with these products :D

Reaper is on the radar unfortunately we can only tackle so many things at once well. Reaper support was improved but is not all there yet alas.

To give you an idea, this update made changes for several major OS/daw updates/launches all which require allot of quality testing.

Test Items
OSX 10.10
Ableton 9.2
Logic X
Cubase 8
DP Improvements
Studio 1
VIP
Arsenal

Rest assured we take all feedback very seriously, 2.0.4 has addressed many requests, issues and suggestions.
We are not resting on our laurels however 2.0.5 is already fast and furiously on the way to adress further issues and feedback from this release. Watch this space :)
Last edited by sbangs_air on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Bigger GUIs after bug fixing please :pray:

sbangs_air wrote:2.0.5 is already fast and furiously on the way to adress further issues and feedback from this release. Watch this space :)
Simon, great work :tu:

Simon, I see you guys mentioned quite a few times on social media and airmusictech.com that there's 3 authorizations, but all of mine are showing 2 available, including xpand2 which I got yesterday which is not a crossgrade.

Did that changed?

Just as a report Hybrid, Loom, and Vacuum Pro all crash Orion 8.605 on scan. I have to exclude them from Orion's vstcfg file for it to open.

EDIT: If I manually add the .dll names to Orion's vstcfg file it will open but trying to load one of the plugins gives the following message:

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Having just finished installing each AIEP update separately and then sending each to my iLok, I'm going to have to get negative for a moment.

What a tremendous, time-consuming hassle that was. In my seemingly sensible world, there would be an all-in-one updater that:
1. Only requires manual entry of a 78-digit authorization code one time in order to download the updater.
2. Takes note of where you chose to install the programs originally so that you don't have to browse to it for every single item
3. Takes note of the fact that you have valid, legal versions installed and therefore shouldn't require re-validation to merely update.

I've taken the time to put all of my authorizations on my iLok, so I assume that will make things smoother the next time.

Done now. :phones:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Instruments”