Waves Native pricing to be retired.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ultrasonic wrote:
sonicpowa wrote:^ Update CLA 9.3 to 9.x? It´s free.
Not if your WUP is expired.
Yes, with WUP expired. I get all updates and my WUP expired December 2013.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
Hmmm, im only getting the option to update my WUP'd plugins..I'll have to dig a little deeper.
There ya have it...

Ultrasonic wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
Hmmm, im only getting the option to update my WUP'd plugins..I'll have to dig a little deeper.
Just download the latest installer and install your plug-ins. They'll work with your current license.

medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
Just download the latest installer and install your plug-ins. They'll work with your current license.
:tu: god luv ya!
There ya have it...

Had to WUP myself, fortunately only about $25.

However, had I wanted to WUP all my plugins together, they would have all been extended to Jan 2017... That works out much better than any subscription model.

When you break it down, WUP will only cost you $25/mth max, except you would have to pay it annually. That $25 is only if all your plugins exceed the ceiling, if it doesn't, it could cost you MUCH less. Whereas subscriptions remain the same regardless.

You can put off paying your WUP until you do need it, that could even be an extra year, effectively halving that $25 to $12.50, whereas subsections remain the same.

If something suddenly happens to your subscription or your credit line and it was suddenly not paid, that's it all that work done in projects is worthless until you can commence payment. Waves plugins will still work past their WUP period, so they won't screw your project around.

So Waves, PLEASE don't get a subscription model, what you have is far more superior. But it would be nice if we can have 3mth and 6mth WUP payments as well.

Ultrasonic wrote:
It is, even if you WUP is expired.

WUP will be needed only when version changes to 10.x
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Andy Gone wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
It is, even if you WUP is expired.

WUP will be needed only when version changes to 10.x
simon.a.billington wrote: <....>

So Waves, PLEASE don't get a subscription model, what you have is far more superior. But it would be nice if we can have 3mth and 6mth WUP payments as well.
Yeah, I'm quite happy with virtual $25 per month which are actually optional :)
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Ultrasonic wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
medienhexer wrote:
Ultrasonic wrote:
:tu: god luv ya!
You're welcome, I think :D

DJMaytag wrote:I'm also discovering how not staying current with WUP prevents you from selling your plugins. I'd love to recoup most of what I paid for my L3-16 bundle, but it would cost me $50 at the moment to re-up the WUP in order to sell it. LAME.
Well, with a lot of developers you would have to pay a transfer fee that is same in proportion to plugin's price.
No signature here!

It seems to me they're just trying to make buying the soundgrid hardware a more attractive proposition. You can buy plugs for native use, add the hardware later, and not have to buy another set of licenses for the hardware-compatible versions.

The plugs you already own can be updated to the universal license as well (if they're available for SG), at no extra cost, assuming current WUP. The pricing doesn't seem to have changed THAT much (i'd have expected a universal average between the two old prices), and a minor bump in WUP pricing seems about right, too, since they're giving away a shedload of new licenses (that were pricier than the native licenses they're replacing).

It's a sensible and interesting move on their part. I wonder how much it'll help soundgrid hardware sales? Under the previous model (akin to native/accel for PT), i just couldn't imagine many taking the plunge.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Effects”