Zynaptiq Morph

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Morph

Some of you probably remember the old Prosoniq Morph plugin. I really think there’s still a big gap to fill in term of real audio morphing tool in the plugin realm (I’m not referring to a vocoder here). The old Prosoniq Morph was pretty clunky to use and the results were very mediocre in term of audio quality, near unusable. I'm really looking forward to this one!

A real-time demo of Zynaptiq's new version of Morph, the audio-morphing software formerly put out by Prosoniq, which Zynaptiq recently acquired.

What do you guys think? Could this be the one that we, the poor non-Kyma users, can finally have for true real-time sound morphing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeU8Rrd1Pto

Neon Breath wrote:Some of you probably remember the old Prosoniq Morph plugin. I really think there’s still a big gap to fill in term of real audio morphing tool in the plugin realm (I’m not referring to a vocoder here). The old Prosoniq Morph was pretty clunky to use and the results were very mediocre in term of audio quality, near unusable. I'm really looking forward to this one!

A real-time demo of Zynaptiq's new version of Morph, the audio-morphing software formerly put out by Prosoniq, which Zynaptiq recently acquired.

What do you guys think? Could this be the one that we, the poor non-Kyma users, can finally have for true real-time sound morphing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeU8Rrd1Pto
This can be done with spectrum works in realtime or with alchemy with prerecorded phrases. There are also some free plugins called shapee which can do this. Looks neat, but I'm not looking forward to their pricetag to do something I can already do.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I have Spectrumworx but I've never been able to truly morph from one sound to another, a true morph from A to B. It does some time of cross-synthesis / vocodish type of sounds, but a true morph? What module do you use to morph?

Alchemy's morph can at some point do the job, but the results are often poor and not very good. Not fun to use and not in real time.

Never heard of Shepee...
Last edited by Neon Breath on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

The trick with morphing in alchemy is setting the pitches of the parts you are morphing between to the proper settings. Otherwise you end up with mush. I'll go back into spectrumworx and figure out the morphing thing again. It was really just an experiment as sound morphing isn't actually very musically useful as it turns out. I've used it on the kyma too and aside from some odd autechre style drum doodles there wasn't much cool to be done with it outside the realm of movie sound design.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Prosoniq was acquired by Zynaptic about a year a go, so I'm pretty sure it is improved version of Prosoniq Morph. And I for one, really liked Morph and I still do use it occasionally. Hope it is not Mac only like all the Prosoniq plugins.
No signature here!

Looks like a convincing, impressive and IMO truly creative tool for DJs if you intend to morph between any musisc sharing the same tempo/signature

-the trick, me thinks, that associated with their pitchmap engine, (or even a simple, real time pitch transposing processor) it will become a daunting tool to induce a new creative dimension in mixing other's productions together while making their respective scales matching together during DJ performance/improvisation ?

An innovative and musical way to recycle many eclectic productions together in a single performance !
Last edited by Krakatau on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robotmonkey wrote:Prosoniq was acquired by Zynaptic about a year a go, so I'm pretty sure it is improved version of Prosoniq Morph. And I for one, really liked Morph and I still do use it occasionally. Hope it is not Mac only like all the Prosoniq plugins.
Up to now, Zynaptiq's stuff has been cross-platform. I'd expect them to port this to Windows too.

Gamma-UT wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Prosoniq was acquired by Zynaptic about a year a go, so I'm pretty sure it is improved version of Prosoniq Morph. And I for one, really liked Morph and I still do use it occasionally. Hope it is not Mac only like all the Prosoniq plugins.
Up to now, Zynaptiq's stuff has been cross-platform. I'd expect them to port this to Windows too.
True, It has been clearly mentioned in the above video...

Krakatau wrote:Looks like a convincing, impressive and IMO truly creative tool for DJs if you intend to morph between any musisc sharing the same tempo/signature

-the trick, me thinks, that associated with their pitchmap engine, (or even a simple, real time pitch transposing processor) it will become a daunting tool to induce a new creative dimension in mixing other's productions together while making their respective scales matching together during DJ performance/improvisation ?

An innovative and musical way to recycle many eclectic productions together in a single performance !
And sound designers! I clearly see this as a tool to achieve hybrid 'in between' sounds, truly 2 sounds melted together and not just cross-synthesized or vocoded. Looking forward to try it. I wrote to Zynaptic to know when it's gonna be avaiable, we'll see...

Killer. Hope it plays nice with Bidule.

Can't wait to see what they do with orange. :)

And what will they do with soniqworx?

im plenty interested

ImageImageImage

Neon Breath wrote:Alchemy's morph can at some point do the job, but the results are often poor and not very good. Not fun to use and not in real time.
You can morph in realtime with Alchemy and I have found it gives useful results if you set it up right and carefully choose material. Alchemy 2 was going to have much better morphing.

I'm excited about this though, unfortunately Zynaptic have a history of going for high prices for their plugins which may place it out of reach but I hope not.

aMUSEd wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Alchemy's morph can at some point do the job, but the results are often poor and not very good. Not fun to use and not in real time.
You can morph in realtime with Alchemy and I have found it gives useful results if you set it up right and carefully choose material. Alchemy 2 was going to have much better morphing.

I'm excited about this though, unfortunately Zynaptic have a history of going for high prices for their plugins which may place it out of reach but I hope not.
How can Alchemy morph incoming audio in real time while it's an instrument using loaded samples?

Return to “Effects”