Other
6%
Fish
30%

Total votes: 142

RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

Actually this is what is right about this world.

Where we've failed is in allowing ourselves not just to be marks in the eyes of predators, but docile prey. We've forgotten that we too have teeth.

That is all off-topic for this thread though :)
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

basslinemaster wrote:Just trying to get 300 million Americans to stop writing "could care less" all over the internet... It's a hard job, but eventually we can do it...
Please keep working at it. It drives me bugfuck.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

By this time next year your favorite dev will probably be acquired by Apple

There have been three acquisitions that I can think of since emagic ... so acquisitions are EXTREMELY RARE. Apple does NOT go around buying stuff just because it can. It has specific reasons for doing what it does...that's why it's not m$.

I'm beginning to see the value in fabfilter for them though if they were to make another acquisition. Fabfilter was one of the very first products on the apple store.

My guess is it will be several years before you see another buyout though. We'll see.

Dasheesh wrote:There have been three acquisitions that I can think of since emagic ... so acquisitions are EXTREMELY RARE. Apple does NOT go around buying stuff just because it can. It has specific reasons for doing what it does...that's why it's not m$.

I'm beginning to see the value in fabfilter for them though if they were to make another acquisition. Fabfilter was one of the very first products on the apple store.

My guess is it will be several years before you see another buyout though. We'll see.

You mean three acquisitions of music companies that are talked about on here.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/07/ ... ding-beats
article wrote: Cook reiterated that Apple has the capacity to make strategic buys, but does not let money burn a hole in its pocket. The executive said acquistions are well thought out, with companies chosen on their ability to help Apple make great products.
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/20/app ... ions-2014/
article wrote: Earlier this year, Apple CEO Tim Cook said Apple was "on the prowl" for additional companies to acquire and that Apple is always looking at acquisition space to avoid letting "money burn a hole in our pocket."
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

basslinemaster wrote:Just trying to get 300 million Americans to stop writing "could care less" all over the internet... It's a hard job, but eventually we can do it...
I'm with you on the crusade. We can do it. I'm always pulling people up on that one.

Can we also stop 'Recommend me...', 'alot' and 'alright' while we're at it? Ta very much.

So it will be Fapple-ish

Less care could

Arglebargle wrote:By this time next year your favorite dev will probably be acquired by Apple
Waves would be a good buy, provided all the plugins go to the Appstore for 9.99 each.

Numanoid wrote:So it will be Fapple-ish

Less care could
I much prefer the Yoda version

"Care less, I could. Hmmm?"

Kaboom75 wrote:I hear they once asked u-he founder Urs for his CV he turned them down.

Apple are massive right now they earn 8 million pounds per hour mostly from iphones. They are building a massive new HQ in the US and another in Ireland. I think this and next year they will gobble up a few companies.
Yeah, the laissez-faire defenders of this sort of thing will usually tend to point out that consumers around the world have voted with their wallets and as a consequence investors around the world have rushed to bid up the company's share price.

This isn't HPC but one wonders how many people overseas have forgone purchasing domestic goods that might help their own troubled economies in order to buy shiny iPhones and iPads.

Once the company is filthy rich the evil consequences tend to generally fall under the heading of Standard Operation Procedures. So it goes...

quite handy, the Irish headquarters.
Apple avoids paying huge amounts of tax dollars in both countries due to a "quirk" in tax laws. By quirk, I mean the conveyor belt which carries money from the wallets of the poor and so-called "middle class" to the coffers of the already rich, and into the quarterly reports of multinational corporations.

aw, frak! :mad: see what you made me do, @rp314?? I was all calm and happy and shit, and you had to start talkin' socio-economics.

:(
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

See? Apple IS of the EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Z3R0T0N1N wrote:quite handy, the Irish headquarters.
Apple avoids paying huge amounts of tax dollars in both countries due to a "quirk" in tax laws. By quirk, I mean the conveyor belt which carries money from the wallets of the poor and so-called "middle class" to the coffers of the already rich, and into the quarterly reports of multinational corporations.
aw, frak! :mad: see what you made me do, @rp314?? I was all calm and happy and shit, and you had to start talkin' socio-economics.
Trust me, no one regrets that more than me. :cry:

But please keep in mind that such things are not just limited to certain nations. Once upon a time a small startup named Twitter decided to locate itself in a building in a not so nice area of Market Street. When things started to go well they made it clear that they were looking for an alternative location (i.e., down South where most of their kind are headquartered). In order to get them to stay the city gave them some wonderful tax incentives despite complaints from activists (the few that remain with all the gentrification going on) and the less vocal grumblings from businesses who actually have to pay for the costs of running the city. :shrug:

trimph1 wrote:See? Apple IS of the EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!
:hihi:

My first computer was a Mac Plus (what was it, 25 years ago? :o :cry: ) and I have an aging MB Pro that's somehow still doing its thing. So, if the idea is "Let he who is without Apple products cast the first stone" ,well, you know...

The rigorous truth is that hardly anyone is suggesting that MS or Google are the good guys, rather there is concern for what might be happening to companies like Camel Audio, just as was the case back when a certain guitar company purchased and then closed down Opcode (both of whose products one was also using at the time :? ).

The more things change...

Apple needs to buy Samsung and then IT'S OVER!
(Almost... not until u-he is in business).
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Instruments”