Hive patching question

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alright I give. On the patch (Xenos,Old School Sounds, LD, Poly lead). Where the hell did oscillators 2 go? I am losing my mind here. It has to be something obvious. This isn't that complicated an instrument. Is it another one of those "hidden Parameters"?

:help:

AHA! filter volume. Filter gain (overdrive) and filter volume. *Bang head*

Feel free to ask any other questions in this space.

Jesus these LFO'S!

If I push the phase of the LFO to 100% it should Flip it 180 deg. Right? But it doesn't seem to do that. Because if it did it would push through a 90 deg. point that would reverse the polarity. What's the point of the polarity reverse button if it does? Is 100% phase less than 90 deg?

The sync button doesn't sync to the sync time it syncs to the other lfo I think. Because the rate knob still applies even if it is synced, and if I set the lfo to gate it still syncs to the sync time.

It's like the volkswagon I have where it is entirely computer controlled but every process is pushed through as little transistors as possible...which creates all kinds of strange behavior. Like sun roofs opening on their own during a snow storm.

So if I assign the LFO through the matrix and pull it into negative amounts i get the effect I want. I tried it on synth master and it works the same way. It's not what I expected but normal behavior for a soft synth I guess.

Here's a good experiment.

Set a 12 db filter and close the cut off.

Pull LFO 1->Cutoff all the way negative.

set lfo to a saw down and set it to a very slow rate.

Now as I begin to push the lfo phase up I get the affect of the phase start moving along the wave form. This is what I was looking for as when I reach 100% it hits the peak of the saw and you get no sound through the filter. When I was attempting this with the pitch I wasn't getting expected results but it's just a learning process.

Aha. Deselect the lo from the filter. Open it back up. Use the mod matrix to assign the same lfo to osc pitch push the amount all the way up and BINGO. That's what I was looking for. I needed to have the amount pushed to hear it.

Dasheesh wrote:Aha. Deselect the lfo from the filter (Open it back up). Use the mod matrix to assign the same lfo to osc pitch and push the amount all the way up and BINGO. That's what I was looking for. I needed to have the amount pushed to hear it.

double post whatevers.

Well, bought Hive on a whim. Needed some retail therapy and have had a week or so to dive in for a few hours here and there. The thought of an U-he style virus turned me on. All I got to say is super saw, smooper saw. This witch has prettier things up her skirt. Like quad pulse width fed through dual band reject filters (have at it preset designers). Been a few years since I heard that. My only wish is a little more VIRUS and a little less SYLENTH.

Dasheesh wrote:If I push the phase of the LFO to 100% it should Flip it 180 deg. Right?
No, 360°. 50% of the knob is 180°.

EvilDragon wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:If I push the phase of the LFO to 100% it should Flip it 180 deg. Right?
No, 360°. 50% of the knob is 180°.
As I discovered...it flipped at 50% as it should. Still don't know what the polarity reverse is for at this point. Thanks for catching that dragon. (my American education at work).

Dasheesh wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Aha. Deselect the lfo from the filter (Open it back up). Use the mod matrix to assign the same lfo to osc pitch and push the amount all the way up and BINGO. That's what I was looking for. I needed to have the amount pushed to hear it.
This is one of my favorite all time posts on KVR.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
This is one of my favorite all time posts on KVR.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Phase is there to simply decide the point in the waveform you would like to start on when modulating. Of course this doesn't mean anything if you have freerunning LFOs, but for gate retriggered ones it matters a great deal.

Return to “u-he”