Let us know why a post is being deleted?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love KVR, I have been here a lot longer than the date attached to my account. If the mods feel its needed to delete a post of mine (along with a relpy to my post) thats cool, you guys probably know better than i do. The only forums ive hosted were for mmorpgs.

But please show the users a little respect. Send us a PM letting us know why the post was deleted. I can get into why you should respect the users in a user-content driver forum, but im guessing you know better than i do, why you need to show a little respect.

I dont care if you feel the need to delete my posts, and go ahead and delete them, but id like some notification as to why (or even just an acknowledgement its being done). I could then control myself from posting similar posts, save mods time to direct their attention at other more pressing issues, and save myself time from logging in / posting things that will be deleted.

I try to help people when i can, and try hard to get people to just laugh at life in general, but when posts that i feel dont break any rules whatsoever are deleted, i find it disrespectful. A little message (even automated machine bs) would go a long way.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

It's just enough to read the stuff, than to remove the stuff, but than to go about why you did it and hear complaints about why the user thinks you are wrong is just too much, it's no paying job and sometimes you even look the other way fast on some things and keep it light, really, there are days there is so much stuff to do, you just log in fast, get stuff done and get out, if you are lucky,
but there is always something and not just on forum, your life and your time and did I mention, you ain't paid for it at all, you do it for community sake, so really, I'm not mod here, but I know the drill :tu:

if you look at the KvR rules you will see this is covered and I think "Passing Bye" pretty much nails it. I can say that if you use the report feature and something happens you will get an email with some explanation. Meffy use to often explain with something like {mod edit: please do not use personal attacks] in place of the objectionable post but he was one of a kind.

FWIW mods kind of give up a lot on forums, being to close to other members can suggest bias when none exists, they have to rifle through many topics they care nothing about and all the crap lands on them. Damned if they do and damned if they dont and like Passing Bye said they dont even get anything for doing it...they always end up the heavy. When it comes down to it the best solution is to not go there. Read the rules and try your hardest to not make more work for the mods.

When a mod splits a topic because it's got out of hand it's more work than you think. As one of the mods of the DIY forum I know the procedure but thankfully I haven't had to do it. Mostly all I do is move threads from the DIY forum to the proper forum and I do always leave a shadow topic in the DIY forum and an explanation (I also try to send a PM to the poster) but I am only doing one forum. (fwiw I cannot mover threads from other forums to the diy forum)

If the mods were expected to explain their every action they would have no time for themselves. I Understand it's hard to learn from your mistakes if you dont know what the mistake was, but keep in mind the mods do the best they can and deserve some respect because there is really only two mods besides Ben that are here on a regular basis. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i can see both sides of this

i can see the extra work for the mod's in explaining, but i feel it is important that people's words aren't just deleted without any mention

today i stumbled across a thread i had not read in a while, to find i had a post deleted. other posts had been deleted, and some connected posts had not. at that moment a judgment was made about me that i never got to explain was not correct. while i can see why my post was seen as inappropriate in the given scenario, it was not really bad either. what got to me is that the mod's can rewrite/edit history, reframing events, and without those involved finding out.

i am not suggesting that the powers that be have vendettas, but i feel clarity is important, for all parties

tbh I do agree with you, but with the limited amount of mods here and the amount of forums they have to look after you're asking an awful lot of a few volunteers. KvR is too big for a couple of mods :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:tbh I do agree with you, but with the limited amount of mods here and the amount of forums they have to look after you're asking an awful lot of a few volunteers. KvR is too big for a couple of mods :shrug:
maybe more mods :shrug:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZALcu_UhuIg

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Hink wrote:tbh I do agree with you, but with the limited amount of mods here and the amount of forums they have to look after you're asking an awful lot of a few volunteers. KvR is too big for a couple of mods :shrug:
I agree :)

Like i said, even automated bullshit, just acknowledging its being deleted would go a long way imo. Set up some checkboxes with different reasons that a mod can click, and then automate a PM to the user with the selected reason. It would be a single extra click.

My post didnt break any rules, im willing to bet on it. All i wrote was that MAYBE excessive traffic to a website was due to user error, NOT malicious. I didnt state it as fact, i said MAYBE. The post wasnt edited by a mod, it was flat out removed as if it never happened.

What rule did i break? Why was it deleted? Can i go and post it again since it wasnt breaking any rules? Was it an accident? I have no f**king idea because i wasnt notified. There was a response to my post from the OP, that too was deleted, i only learned about it through PM's.

I was 100% sure i created the post, if i wasnt, i would have reposted it, and what.... get into trouble for reposting something that was deleted? Cool.

Mods are busy, they dont get paid to be here, i totally understand that. Guess what? Im busy and i dont get paid to post here either.

If i know WHY it was deleted, i can save myself and the mods time in the future.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Hink wrote:
We need more Rockers ...

xNiMiNx wrote:But please show the users a little respect. Send us a PM letting us know why the post was deleted.
Respect! :tu:

http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I think the new rule is: we do not talk about AlgoMusic..... :lol:

Sendy, I called my vampire Mickey! :x

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Hink wrote:
We need more Rockers ...

:tu:

dnekm wrote:I think the new rule is: we do not talk about AlgoMusic..... :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Site Stuff”