One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wowsa! Jaw dropping stuff. :tu: Can't wait to get my hands on these patches to try them out ... do we have any eta on these for Player users? :?: :?: :?:

I suppose I could always do the freeze trick using the 15 minute demo mode of the real thing? If so, a question to those who have auditioned these, given I would use up a lot of the 15min slots just trying them all out(!!!) :dog: ... any "recommendations" because I would need for my track ...

Kick (a nice solid one with good sharp attack - not after a "boomy" style)
Toms, but of the "rotary/tuned" type so I can do "round the kit" drum fills ...
snare (loose and tight?)
hats (low and high)
rides (with "variation" if possible - centre to edge of cymbal style maybe??)
crashes (just good old fashioned stuff)

I'm quite happy with the other sounds I can use because tweaking them even in a limited way is just fine.

The track is shaping up to be "late 70's prog/rock meets 80's synthpop" ... :party: :hihi:

dB

JKF Flashico wrote:Hi SoundGoddess,

I've seen somewhere, where KV331 says that if you have installed 64bit version and 32 bit in same Computer. Updates have to be same. Have you try it to update your 32bit version to the 2.6.21 version?

Cheers
JK Flashico
I updated my 32-bit SM to 2.6.21 so now they're both running the latest version. However the 64-bit continues crashing for no apparent reason whenever I try to save new presets. The 32-bit is working fine so I'm just going to use that for now. In Reaper the 32-bit was bridged so it opened an extra popup window and the UI was a bit annoying to navigate, so I got used to using 64-bit plugins for everything...but in Bitwig the interface is the same no matter which version you use, so it's not that annoying to combine 32-bit and 64-bit plugins inside a single project.

I've uploaded the latest OSC bank, 160 patches strong so far, great work everyone :) I'm going to try to add a couple more patches today assuming that SM cooperates...

http://soundgoddess.me/OSC.zip
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

doctorbob wrote:do we have any eta on these for Player users? :?: :?: :?:
I'm thinking of sending the bank to Bulent on Monday...that gives the community another 72 hours or so to contribute new patches to the bank, while being released soon enough that the Player participants will still have most of the month to work on the challenge.
~ good luck ~

Well, I couldn't resist buying Synthmaster Factory so I'm in!

I already know this will be much better than my first OSC entry.

JKF so many presets! wow. I really like the 16 beat 18 closed hat, harsh clap, and horse shoe fx
Thanx Jasinski :D I'm just glad if I can help :)

You have done great cymbals, mate :) :tu:

Cheers
JK Flashico

SoundGoddess wrote:
doctorbob wrote:do we have any eta on these for Player users? :?: :?: :?:
I'm thinking of sending the bank to Bulent on Monday...that gives the community another 72 hours or so to contribute new patches to the bank, while being released soon enough that the Player participants will still have most of the month to work on the challenge.
Thanks. Brilliant! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Am I right then that we will just download the 2 new files of factory presets which will contain all the old 800 or so as well as the new "OSC community" presets?

I really need the new set to retain the originals - I would be slightly upset if a preset I have already used to my taste/liking and tweaked suddenly was missing :dog:

db

PS The download page for the demos says it mutes and output noise every 60 seconds ... so I guess freezing a track down from the demo is not really possible then. ??? Unless you know better ...

doctorbob wrote: Am I right then that we will just download the 2 new files of factory presets which will contain all the old 800 or so as well as the new "OSC community" presets?

I really need the new set to retain the originals - I would be slightly upset if a preset I have already used to my taste/liking and tweaked suddenly was missing :dog:
No, it will be its own preset bank...the new bank will only contain the OSC community presets, and won't affect the factory presets at all. Under the preset browser you have a Bank category...you can load up any of the official SM banks that you purchase from their website and the presets show up under that bank category.

The official banks are encrypted with KV311's copy protection scheme, but as a gesture of good faith to the OSC participants, KV is going to encode our new community bank with their algorithm so the Player will consider it an official bank.

As you can see here, I have all the official expansion banks loaded up in the player and they work independently of the Factory Presets bank:

So yeah everything you work on now with the factory presets should be completely unaffected when you install the new community preset bank in a few days
~ good luck ~

mmoncur wrote:Well, I couldn't resist buying Synthmaster Factory so I'm in!

I already know this will be much better than my first OSC entry.
Congrats on your purchase :) SM is a really powerful synth!

Please feel free to contribute to our community preset bank.

I originally bought the factory version back in 2013 and slowly acquired individual preset banks over the course of a year or so. Then KV was having a sale to upgrade to Everything Bundle and they offered me an additional discount for having purchased several of the individual banks previously.

I felt like the interface was a little confusing for creating new patches but thanks to this challenge a lot of it has been de-mystified. Hopefully today I can contribute some new patches to the bank, now that I know the 32-bit version is working for me.
~ good luck ~

While we are talking mainly (if not all) percussion things/presets -just to let people know this was announced on the REAPER forum ...

https://smmdrums.wordpress.com/

I know it's not OSC - but I'm sure there are many people here who might be interested.

If it's out of place Brian - please delete the post.

dB

Bulent wanted the sounds we have so far so I sent them to him...so perhaps the Player folks can get started sooner than later ;)
~ good luck ~

Hi all

This is my entry :

Has a horror/sci-fi movie score feel to it with a john carpenter vibe.

Ableton 8.4.2 (windows)

9 Instances of SynthMaster 2.6
Mastering Rack 1
EQ 8
Density MK III
Limiter

https://soundcloud.com/spidergod/spider ... ine-osc-73

No Synthmaster CM? Boo!

Bummer.

Enjoy lads! See you soon.
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

EDGEK8D wrote:No Synthmaster CM? Boo!

Bummer.

Good point, why not?

ThePresent wrote:
EDGEK8D wrote:No Synthmaster CM? Boo!

Bummer.

Good point, why not?
That just means more Synthmaster CM later, right? :tu:

It's mainly to support KV331's current stuff.

Hi all,

I'd like to donate the presets that I have created for Synthmaster in the last months. Ironically my (few) percussion presets sound the lamest. :hihi: But I think/hope that some of the other presets might be usable to others.

I don't know yet if I will be able to enter the contest this month. I've got something cooking but don't know if I'll find the time to finish it. Nevertheless, looking forward to the entries for this month!

Kind regards,

BlitBit

Edit: Edited for clarity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BlitBit on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Return to “Instruments”