*** Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry - NEW VERSION RELEASED from Orange Tree Samples!! ***

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Slide/Lap Steel probably won't get this new engine is my assumption - they are fairly recent already, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to update them.

FWIW I don't think the Slide/Lap Steel NEEDS a new engine. I was only trying to say what an innovative sample set it is. There are a lot of traditional guitar instruments to choose from nowadays. But the Slide instrument really is very unique and brings something to the table that I don't really think you can get anywhere else. And it really sounds like a live slide player. Adds great atmospherics to modern productions, and authenticity to more traditional acoustic stuff. (I pair it with EAG quite often.)

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I think I have a few small updates (stuff like having a wider pitch bend range limit, larger fretting position limit, and fixed an automation thing) for SLIDE Lap Steel / SLIDE Acoustic that'll get released soon. The basis of the engine is very different from the Evolution guitar engine, though, to make the slides timbre-correct, etc.

In terms of the Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel Strings update, I'm currently in the process of making all the factory presets, and then I need to write a new demo specifically using the updated version--that way I can include the MIDI file and patches it uses in the "Demo Songs" folder. Other than that, I just need to update the manual and then it'll be good to release!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I'm sorry... maybe I'm repeating myself... THANKS AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!! :)

Looking forward to to the EAG updates... :tu:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Here's a demonstration video showing all the cool new features in the Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry sample library for Kontakt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsKk-l8Bsj4
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

hi Greg
question: the engines of straw and strath have some little bugs... i have see that acoustic has a higher version number...
are there some patches in the next future for strath- and straw-engines
thank you..

grey

It's interesting to see the what are the limits when imitating other instrument interface to the keyboard. I think Strawberry is now the state of the art what comes to electric guitar - but obviously not the end of the evolution. To emulate all the strumming options seems to be Achilles heel to most of the engines - e.g. here, why to limit just 4/4 and 3/4 strumming patterns? As a guitarist and keyboard player, I'm almost happy that these products aren't perfect - that we still need a real guitar interface, my opinion is ambivalent, at the same time I admire these software but also have some reservations (I guess e.g. classical musicians have much stronger aversion towards these, many/most wind instrumentalists or bowed string instrumentalists think that imitating them via the keyboard is just ridigilous.)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”