New NI Synths are out - Rounds/Polyplex/Kontour

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is (or was) a second hand license for Polyplex for about $50 in the market place today.

So if you are waiting for a 50% off sale.... ;)

Check your service centres - Rounds has an update, 150 new presets including some by Plaid (whoever they are).

aMUSEd wrote:Check your service centres - Rounds has an update, 150 new presets including some by Plaid (whoever they are).
I think they're Canadian

olja wrote:My first thought was that Kontour in a way seems like the Massive 2 people have been requesting, with all the bizarre amount of modulation posibilities inside, only perhaps more user-friendly and with more visual feedback and smart connection features.
It could be interesting in its own right, but a Massive 2.0 it is surely not. I do wish NI would take a break from rolling out more and more shuttlecraft long enough to finally update the mothership.

On a positive note, from the above pic it looks like new synths may now be shipping with a touque and a pound of backbacon.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

aMUSEd wrote:150 new presets including some by Plaid (whoever they are).
Nice:), Among Warp finest artists :tu:

Paid: British electronica outfit who have skills... And have much respect from those who know their work...

I think the Canadian reference must be to aMUSEd's spelling "centres" , instead of centers..

Those boys in the photo's are examples of the northern muskrat clan...
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

New update to Rounds in the Service Center. New presets by Plaid included. As a lover of Rounds in particular..... I am pretty damn excited.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Taoist wrote:New update to Rounds in the Service Center. New presets by Plaid included. As a lover of Rounds in particular..... I am pretty damn excited.
I see I showed up late to this party....... as usual..... :?

Guess I'll check out the update that everybody has already known about when I get home. :)

I am really impressed with Rounds so far. I like the analog elements to it a lot.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote:I am really impressed with Rounds so far. I like the analog elements to it a lot.
Absolutely! The digital sound is top notch as well. I have really been amazed by how good this thing can sound in mixes and it definitely has its own very nice flavor that doesn't resemble any other synth I have ever used. Ive been surprised that sound designers have not jumped on this thing because I honestly feel that it has been far far underestimated. So, Im excited to listen to some new sounds in it whenever I can get the heck out of this office.

I have to say the more I play with Kontour the more I like it. It feels more like a physical modelling synth to me. The sounds are really alive. Once you start playing with the modulation possibilities you can get some amazing movement into it.

NI should make more of it

The only downside as mentioned before is having to load Reaktor first. I hope in Reaktor 6 there is some option to set them free as individual plugins
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I load them in Komplete Kontrol and save it as a FX chain in Reaper.
Can then load it like a normal plugin and you have the better preset browser.

I am left in awe at Polyplex and Rounds. Haven't tried Kontour yet.
It's amazing what can be achieved with Reaktor these days...

I am really impressed by the sound of Rounds and Kontour - very warm and organic. Subjectively the sound quality of these synths is on par with Monark, but the character is completely different.

The GUIs are a bit of counter-intuitive though, especially the sequencer part in Rounds. After getting through the manual, I could figure out how it works, but still I have the impression that all the same functionality could be presented in more user-friendly form.

Now I'd like to see a more traditional poly VA made by NI with use of their latest advances in sound modelling.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”