Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Of course it's not a DAW in the way a DAW is presented. However that does not suggest that midi plugins would be of no benefit. As would be the option to use compressors or delays etc on the main out bus.

There is no reason either why it cannot be used to quickly produce short cues of 20 or thirty seconds for advertising, radio jingles, web page, short cues and a many other media needs. Indeed with its ability to drag and drop a limitless amount of phrases over a number of tracks it would probably excel at such tasks.

HEY THERE!
We were discussing about additional INDEPEDENT master tracks! I am very glad that there are people who understand what it should be and how it will expand the opportunities to work with the music!
It is to them I appeal!
I have a proposal to discuss the possibility of having independent and dependent with each other or the possibility of dependence of all master tracks from one (the main master track)! and how they can depend on each other and influence each other!
But of course those people who are not interested in it, there is no need to learn it and you can use one main master track!
Here's an example ... I often use in the composition of simultaneously two harmonic progressions! The second line of progression is often the harmonic substitutions (jazz version) ...You could use a second master track for this purpose!
If the master tracks are independent, it will be associated with your knowledge and musical taste, but it is possible to make a master tracks dependent on each other and then they will complement each other!
As it might be, I do not know yet, but I understand that the program would be able to help!
This is a very difficult subject ...
I correspond with many musicians on this topic, but no consensus!
Perhaps you have any ideas ..
Thank U!

Hence the reason I suggest guide tracks instead of multiple master tracks. I think we are maybe arguing for the same thing under different names.

To me, it is intuitive that each Track can have its own harmony and melody.

It is NOT intuitive to have a pool of "Master Tracks" that can be applied to a song. It is too abstracted from how one thinks about how to compose in a DAW.

In a normal DAW, where most of your customers will be coming from, they are used to drag & drop and copy & paste. It would be far more intuitive to have the ability to cut and paste a guide track to another track, than it is to point a track at a specific Master Track in a pool of master tracks. It is not how people are used to using music software.

If you think this features is helpful, I strongly suggest having one Master Track as the global default, and each track having the option to implement a Guide Track that they can easily copy & paste from. It is not hard to set the scale/progression once and then copy & paste it to another track.

To further illustrate, consider the following example:

For example, I might have a jazz saxophone track that is playing in G Major Scale. But I may have a specific phrase that is two bars long in the Lydian mode which I want to be able to insert into a specific spot in the track to add color, without changing the tonality of the track or song.

With multiple master tracks, I'd need to create a whole new master track that would identical except for those two bars. And if I wanted to do it more than once (for example, alternating solos between instruments, which is common in Jazz), I might need 8 separate master tracks that are identical save for a couple of bars! Not only is it messy, but how would I keep track of them all when the differences are so minor?

With individual guide tracks, this could be accomplished by just assigning the specific scale for those two bars on the Saxophone track, which would not affect the rest of the composition. Likewise for each other track.

It is really much cleaner.

Ok! Thankyou for your clarification! There's quite a difference between a master track and a guide track, agreed. Maybe the introduction of unique "track lanes" to hold blocks of user user defined harmonic information would satisfy users who wish to experiment in the areas you outline.

However, opinion here still leans quite heavily towards further enhanced user experience of RC, further transparent synchronisation and integration of RC as a plugin able to receive automation data from a host DAW, reliability of vst instrument recalls and editing as well as redesign of the mixer page to include midi plugins such as midi compressors etc as well as the usual array of eq and compressors and other vst effect plugins on the audio outputs of vsti's and main outs of RC itself.

Whatever the future direction Of RC, such substantial additions and features that are being discussed here would need extensive planning, coding and beta testing and shouldn't be expected in maintainence point updates at fortnightly intervals as seems to be anticipated, it might take a year to include such features as suggested here and that's fine.

Attila is extremely generous with his time and interaction with users on this forum which Is to be greatly commended but, let's not swamp him with expectations and allow him time to evaluate all user ideas and requests and plan accordingly!

One suggestion I'd like to make is to KVR, every time preview is pressed on these forums, the whole reply or post disappears and has to be started again!

Thank you guys for your input, I appreciate it very much!
I decided that this feature will be added after version 3. As told, there are areas that need improvement and those are higher priority. Nonetheless I am very excited about this feature.
Good news is that I have more time to add new features, because no more bugs have been reported recently, and this is good.

Best,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Once you open preview panel.
switching between phrases via left mouse click
without close + re-open preview panel for every phrase.
for example :
after opening and previewing one of the phrases,
when user left click to the next phrase, auto stop previous phrase and wait for the preview click to new phrase, while keeping preview window open/active.
i think it would really useful.

Right, yellukhan, I can't believe I did not think of this. The preview panel could be like a floating inspector instead of a pop-up view.

Single Window browsers and Inspector and tabs in this window as a tab in the Internet browser!

A new beta version is available (v2.9b2) with the long-awaited melody harmonization function.
At the moment it is for Windows only.

Improvements:
- Harmonization of melody using two different algorithms. You will find the 'Harmonize Melody...' button in the phrase inspector, among the actions
- 'Join Notes' has a new option: do not join notes at chord boundaries
- 'Add Interval' offers interval of second
- It is possible to use 'Render Phrase With Variations' on absolute phrases. Transposition is applied too for absolute phrases, so a phrase in G Major transposed down by 7 semitones can render a C Major phrase.
- Octave is not shown in chord names on the master track when using roman numeral notation
- Chord inversion is displayed on the master track in a more compact form to improve readability
- [VST] fix a crashing bug during MIDI import
- Bug fix: the state of some VST plug-ins were not saved in the history (program change was not always detected)

Latest beta version v2.9b3 is now available for OS X too (both LE and full editions).

Hi Attila!
Thank you for the new beta!
When you press the auto - harmonizе,
in 80% of cases the program is crash!
And I think this beta version is more unstable than the previous one!
Thank U!
Sincerely lulukom
MAC OSX
PS And in my case crash is in actions based on rules
Instability is somehow connected with graphics - crash from mouse movements: I think so
Last edited by lulukom on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately innovation harmonizing melodies while I still have not come in handy, and so far I see only one way (maybe only for me) to quickly and adequately to create a new (only mine) rules-
- Is entered chords using a midi controller directly into the rule editor (the same with the editor progressions ), but it is not yet possible!
But with basic, traditional rules work well
Thank U!
I believe that this is the first and very successful step to automate the creation of harmony to the melody!

Just tried the harmonizing melodies. Wow!!

Attila, this is exactly what I have been looking for and makes the program so much easier to use and saves me so much time.

Well done!

Hi lulukom,

I make sure I will test the Mac version more. Please, it would be important if the program crashes, send me the crash dump.
Do you see an RCHarmonize.TXT file in the root folder? If so, please send it to me in e-mail.

Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”