Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcnoone wrote:I've had a few crashes with a lot of use.
Though just making sounds, and not doing any multi-track daw things.
For the most part it's pretty solid.
Though it's crashes are a bit severe, as everything just freezes up and didn't crash the daw.
I had to force quite to fix.
hakey wrote:
When I play E7 it goes into a gnarly run-away high frequency chaos. bug or feature?
I'm getting the same run-away crashes. Seems to be related to patches with high harmonics and/or notes played in the higher octaves.
would be great if you guys could put a Hive.log text file on your desktop and when hive crashes, then send this file over to the support. :tu:

Disturbing drone

I hope you'll enjoy, use the mod wheel !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't know why but I just love the filters in Hive. And I'm getting that old G.A.S. itch to buy it..but having a hard time trying to justify the purchase if I have DUNE 2 and Serum already. Anyway, amazing little synth by u-he.

Suloo wrote: would be great if you guys could put a Hive.log text file on your desktop and when hive crashes, then send this file over to the support. :tu:
I'll do it, but I haven't had it crash in like 3 weeks now.

Lejurai wrote: 2. LFOs work a bit funny way.. And there seems to be no freerunning mode?
Not sure about hive, but in case of other U-he products to be free running mode you need to sync your lfo with time: 1s or 10s depends on desired metrics
Murderous duck!

Any beta updates coming up for Hive?

mcnoone wrote:Any beta updates coming up for Hive?
+1 :?:
I am waiting to fill up my "analog" soundset with great FM and Sync spice :tu:

Bought !! :)

hollo wrote:

I hope the Fm implemented is Linear phase Modulation and not exponential/ analog style cross modulation (like Diva)

I really like that the Engine type can be automated, but there seems to be some clicks when the engine changes. Anybody else tried this ? I'm using Fl studio

Nutrinoland wrote:I really like that the Engine type can be automated, but there seems to be some clicks when the engine changes. Anybody else tried this ? I'm using Fl studio
We try to make everything automatable, if possible. This isn't necessarily meant to be a performance option rather than a way to let people program the synth from control surfaces.

Naturally, switching the engine swaps a lot fo algorithms, e.g. the complete filter topology. There's no chance to do this completely glitch free while the voices are playing.

That said, I'll think about whether or not it's possible to make the actual change of engine audible only on newly played notes. This might unglitch it (but might also add unexpected behavior, as in "why can't I hear a change in sound?").

Nutrinoland wrote:
hollo wrote:

I hope the Fm implemented is Linear phase Modulation and not exponential/ analog style cross modulation (like Diva)
I'll be back from holidays tomorrow. Among a gazillion of other things we will start to figure out what to do before release and what to do later.

Both DX-style Phase Modulation and analogish Cross Modulation are options we can add without much hassle. Sync is a bit more complicated, but not too bad at all. However, my current stance is to first address all known bugs and issues, then release Hive as is and only then start to add new stuff in subsequent free .x updates.

Awesome Urs, glad your back, hope you had a nice and recharging holiday!

Thanks for the responses Urs.
I'm excited about Hive and looking forward to the developments :)

Not sure if this has already been discussed.
I found 2 issues with the filter link.
1. when link is on, changing presets, does not change the state of the link. Initializing the preset, does not reset the link to off.
2. When Link is on, and an offset is set between the 2 filter cutoff knobs, as You turn filter cutoff 1 to either extreme position (hard left or hard right) of the knob, the offset between the filters begins to slip/change. is this supposed to be like this? Almost like filter 1 is going beyond the 0 and 100 (127) position (Like an encoder rather than a knob with limits), which in turn disrupts the offset.

Is there a complied list of Bugs/ issues that users have discovered so far, that is accessible to us ?

Thank You

Return to “u-he”