Waves License Center - are you kidding me?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thing has been the biggest PITA in the history of plugin copy-right mechanisms. Even annoying challenge response mechanisms work better than this (yes, CR freaks out if you change your hardware too).

I have a main DAW and a laptop and I swap projects back and forth. It is enough of a PITA for me to upload licenses from one computer to the cloud and transfer them back, but the atrocity is Waves wants me to connect the same f***king external devices for my laptop for it to recognize it as valid. Why can't I just login to the license center from my laptop just to put the licenses on the cloud? Huh? :x

It has come to the point where I just skip the license not found message, let the plugin load fail and replace with alternatives.

Dear Waves - You have excellent plugins (I absolutely love Waves Tune) and I only own a few of yours. I would love to buy more from you. If you need to enforce strict copy protection mechanisms, take a clue from Propellerheads - I can use their software as long as I have an internet connection for authorization. No 'connect an external drive' bullshit. :x

why not just put the licenses on a usb pendrive then - if you're continually moving between laptop and desktop that's got to be heaps easier than moving them via the license cloud, basically makes it like using an ilok/elicenser.

As far as I'm aware having the licenses tied to a drive means all the issues with what waves use to build a system 'fingerprint' when you have the license assigned to the machine directly should vanish

Yeah it definately would seem the USB flash drives are the way to go in this instance. While other memory card might show up in the WLC, they aren't actually supported.

I know it takes up another USB port, but it beats the pain the ass aspect you've been dealing with. I ended up having to go USB in the end as well, and it seems to be working fine.

If pain persists call your local Waves Tech, they should be able to help. Of course you will need a curremt WUP for this. :)

Had similar issues. Modern systems support too many types of devices :)

I moved my licenses to USB key (needs to be FAT32 formatted) and forgot about any license problems.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Of course USB key if moving licenses constantly. Waves´ system is actually pretty good.
Also it´s good that Waves, Plugin Alliance and Overloud licenses can be on the same USB key, maybe licenses from other developers too.

Yup, I have Waves and Plugin Alliance on one USB too. Very convenient. Also I keep offline installers on the same USB as a backup.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

If you look around there is a way to have licenses on a PC and on a key at the same time. That's the route I took. My laptop has the licenses on drive and the usb key stays home.

hey frankz00,
i've looked around and i can not find a way to do what you say is possible. Can you enlighten me? or should i pm you?

Return to “Effects”