Probability

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Searched for this and noticed it has been discussed a couple of times before but not in much depth - what are the chances of getting a probability section in the pattern editor? Could be as simple as starting with default 100% for all steps and then you can adjust that downwards for each step - hopefully wouldn't pollute or overcomplicate the current feature set nor require significant changes to the current structure/GUI?

Even cooler but perhaps too much of a divergence from the current method of operation would be to replace the step on/off buttons with 0-100% probability sliders (maybe an option to toggle between on/off or probability mode). Not just for note on/off, but for all the pattern data types. This could be insanely powerful, combined with how natural Cream is for generating polyrhythmic sequences. 10% chance of every 7th note being transposed by 1 semitone... hnnnggg.....

Cream is probably already my favourite of the PC-compatible arps/sequencers - this would bring it even closer to Minilogue-heaven for me :D

I would like this feature too.

Maybe as an interim workaround:
1. Copy the current pattern and paste it to the other 11 pattern slots.
2. Slightly alter the 11 patterns. The TRANSP (transpose) and SHIFT (note shift) areas could be interesting.
3. Save the preset.
4a. Trigger the patterns with the Step Sequencer
... or ...
4b. Randomly send MIDI notes C1-B1 from your host to trigger the patterns.

chardin wrote:I would like this feature too.

Maybe as an interim workaround:
1. Copy the current pattern and paste it to the other 11 pattern slots.
2. Slightly alter the 11 patterns. The TRANSP (transpose) and SHIFT (note shift) areas could be interesting.
3. Save the preset.
4a. Trigger the patterns with the Step Sequencer
... or ...
4b. Randomly send MIDI notes C1-B1 from your host to trigger the patterns.
Something like this might come in some form or another.

-Arto

Return to “Kirnu”