Questions about Maize Sampler 2

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I have been looking at Maize Sampler on and off, but not exactly sure on some things so I thought I'd ask. Some questions I have regarding Maize Sampler 2 are below:
  • * Would I be able to make VST plugins that work on both PC and Mac?
    * Am I able to customize the types of buttons for each VST?
    * Am I allowed to sell the VST's that I create? What are the rules to selling your own VST's created with Maize Sampler?
    * Am I able to customize the GUI other than the background image?
    * Can I import SF2 Soundfont files into the editor area to create my own plugin?
I know that Maize Sampler 1 from what I had reviewed, allowed you to import Soundfont files. However it seems that Maize Sampler 2 isn't compatible with soundfont files at all? I tried the demo briefly but could not see where I could import Soundfont files to create my own instruments from the files themselves.

Sorry to bother with a question here. I noticed that the Maizesoft website does not have a "Contact Us" area at all, nor does it mention how to get a hold of you if there were a bug issue of some sort. Thanks in advance...

Genycis
Blazin' beats and high quality soundfonts!
http://www.genycis.com Beats
http://www.SoundsForBeats.com Soundfonts/WAVs

Genycis wrote:Hello. I have been looking at Maize Sampler on and off, but not exactly sure on some things so I thought I'd ask. Some questions I have regarding Maize Sampler 2 are below:
  • * Would I be able to make VST plugins that work on both PC and Mac?
    * Am I able to customize the types of buttons for each VST?
    * Am I allowed to sell the VST's that I create? What are the rules to selling your own VST's created with Maize Sampler?
    * Am I able to customize the GUI other than the background image?
    * Can I import SF2 Soundfont files into the editor area to create my own plugin?
I know that Maize Sampler 1 from what I had reviewed, allowed you to import Soundfont files. However it seems that Maize Sampler 2 isn't compatible with soundfont files at all? I tried the demo briefly but could not see where I could import Soundfont files to create my own instruments from the files themselves.

Sorry to bother with a question here. I noticed that the Maizesoft website does not have a "Contact Us" area at all, nor does it mention how to get a hold of you if there were a bug issue of some sort. Thanks in advance...

Genycis
Thanks for your interest. Answer your question in order:

1. Yes
2. There is a button control you can add to the layout. It's action can be "about box", "url", "loadinstrument", "previous instrument", ....
3. Yes, if you buy a license of Maize Sampler and register your company name with us.
4. Yes, there is xml layout editor. You can find the detail in manual. In the next version of Maize Sampler 2 (2.1), we are trying to add a WYSIWYG GUI editor.
5. No, but EXS24 format is supported. If you have to use soundfont, you can use some third party tool to convert your sf2 to EXS24.

Thanks for answering my questions. I actually tried the demo, but unfortunately, found it to be not so user friendly in mapping out the WAV files that I want to place down. Furthermore, I'm going to assume that only Mono WAV samples are accepted? I have WAV samples in 16 bit 44.1 format of instruments I created to map out in Kontakt and other programs, but for some reason, these didn't open up in Maize. Not sure what the problem may be. It seems like a decent program overall, but could probably use some modifications and enhancements to make it a bit more user friendly, and some other bug fixes based on some of the other comments of users I've seen. Think I may hold off on purchase til a later date and try to find another method of VST creation. Thanks anyway, I appreciate it.
Blazin' beats and high quality soundfonts!
http://www.genycis.com Beats
http://www.SoundsForBeats.com Soundfonts/WAVs

You can definitely import stereo WAV samples. I am doing it now. Just click on the '+' button to import. I also find the mapping of the samples extremely easy. I don't mean to go against what you are saying, but compared to Kontakt, that bit is simple. The bit I struggle with is the looping of the samples. There doesn't seem to be a waveform to view to get the loops perfect.
'Only came outside to watch the night fall with the rain...'

As an update to what I said before, another user advised me to loop my samples in an external editor like extreme sample converter, which now i do. It's soooo much easier! Maize sampler 2 will read the loop information.
To make this software top dog, it just needs...
1. Reso & cut off controls
2. The ability to import jpg buttons or sliders I to the GUI.
3. The ability to access any overspill groups. Maybe a second line of group tabs for easy access?
I hope the creator reads this as it's all useful feedback. :)
'Only came outside to watch the night fall with the rain...'

Hi there, I would love to know how can I make a VUmeter works properly. I got one ".png" and ".knob" files from "knobman web software" BUT I just don't know how to make it work, the VUmeter needle doesn't move.

I am trying with every feature I see on the Maize Sampler 2

Return to “Maizesoft”