Melda Recorder performance

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reason MRecorder does not perform well on my system - when I start record often I get this distortion and stuttering while record is enabled:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5646041/MTest.mp3

I don't have this problem with other recorder apps and my system is pretty powerful so what's going on?

Core i7 2.7ghz, OS-X 10.9.5, 8GB RAM, Fireface USB

This actually sounds like ring modulation. Could you send me a project in your host? (which is what btw? and how isn't the wav file actually correct, just your wav->mp3 converter doesn't like it?)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I had this exact problem... And while I worked it out eventually I don't remember exactly what the issue was. I believe though it had something to do with the wav file format I was trying to use? And if I remember I think maybe i fixed it outside of my Daw (a default system setting for the recorder or something). Sorry, I know that's not a lot of help but it did work for me in the end (by the way, thanks for the plug Melda!).

Very well and thank you chrisby!
For the record the output is 32-bit float WAV file (to ensure it's exactly what you feed into it), some hosts have problems playing that... But it's a perfectly fine format, no compression or anything...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:This actually sounds like ring modulation. Could you send me a project in your host? (which is what btw? and how isn't the wav file actually correct, just your wav->mp3 converter doesn't like it?)
This isn't due to mp3 conversion, the sound is being distorted like this when I turn on record - this is just a piano (Truepianos to be precise). Doesn't seem to matter much what host I use it does this in any.

Sounds like a samplerate issue to me. Ensure everything on your system is set to the same samplerate.

It's not a samplerate issue, if it was it would affect other recorders.

aMUSEd wrote:It's not a samplerate issue, if it was it would affect other recorders.
I'm pretty sure that my fix involved changing the bit depth or sample rate somewhere (asio panel, or daw settings?). I also seem to remember that mRecorder supported two output formats on my machine (.wav or .pcm maybe)? And if I remember right the other format (not .wav) worked straight away but I had to make make the changes to get the .wav working. Either way good luck but for sure it was exactly as you're describing (and how the mp3 sounds), and as you mention all other recorded audio worked fine in any other recorder on my system. Good luck.

So I had a look tonight and here's what worked for me... I'm not sure which setting actually did the trick but currently the settings are all 24bit/44.1 (my cards "native" settings). I set it on the mRecorder, in the daw, in the asio panel, and in the properties for the card in the windows control panel. Also, if I remember one issue was that I was trying to record mono (just left side) and that never worked. I had to use L+R and get rid of the empty channel after the fact. Anyway, after I got it working I've had no issues since...

Return to “MeldaProduction”