IK Multimedia Gear Credits Changes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems the hanging on the first letter is no longer an issue - with this upcoming update - is probably a bit more helpful. That's what I meant.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Seems the hanging on the first letter is no longer an issue - with this upcoming update - is probably a bit more helpful. That's what I meant.
Okay, thanks. Now...I just hope the update will be coming SOON! Any release date hints will be appreciated :)

Cheers

songshark wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Seems the hanging on the first letter is no longer an issue - with this upcoming update - is probably a bit more helpful. That's what I meant.
Okay, thanks. Now...I just hope the update will be coming SOON! Any release date hints will be appreciated :)

Cheers
It is out now :) I've updated the thread in the Instruments forum to reflect this. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 and info about the new sound libraries here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3sounds/

What about new Amplitube amps? Are we going a full year without a new amp?

Angle Loss wrote:What about new Amplitube amps? Are we going a full year without a new amp?
They are coming too, we've got some sought-after models on the way.

Wow. I just can't believe how expensive custom shop has become. I mean, every now and then I'd just grab a new module just for something to try. I own all of TRacks. I have 3 modules left from amplitube i.e. v3m, contour wah, and power grid, of which would cost me 85 credits to acquire. It's become apparent I won't be making impulse buys anymore (which is likely for the best :wink: ). $50/expansion for sample tank (that's more than alchemy sound packs). You'd think that consumers were making more money these days...

DFoisie wrote:Wow. I just can't believe how expensive custom shop has become. I mean, every now and then I'd just grab a new module just for something to try. I own all of TRacks. I have 3 modules left from amplitube i.e. v3m, contour wah, and power grid, of which would cost me 85 credits to acquire. It's become apparent I won't be making impulse buys anymore (which is likely for the best :wink: ). $50/expansion for sample tank (that's more than alchemy sound packs). You'd think that consumers were making more money these days...
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it and will relay it to the team.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
DFoisie wrote:Wow. I just can't believe how expensive custom shop has become. I mean, every now and then I'd just grab a new module just for something to try. I own all of TRacks. I have 3 modules left from amplitube i.e. v3m, contour wah, and power grid, of which would cost me 85 credits to acquire. It's become apparent I won't be making impulse buys anymore (which is likely for the best :wink: ). $50/expansion for sample tank (that's more than alchemy sound packs). You'd think that consumers were making more money these days...
Thank you for your input, I appreciate it and will relay it to the team.
I appreciate the relay. You can charge whatever you want, but just seems strange asking for $10 or 10 credits more for something that is almost 3 years old. Unless you've made some improvements to the sound or workflow, just makes little sense to me. I mean, you offer an All-in bundle for new customers, but existing customers with few modules left to acquire are forced to pay more...

DFoisie wrote: You can charge whatever you want, but just seems strange asking for $10 or 10 credits more for something that is almost 3 years old. Unless you've made some improvements to the sound or workflow, just makes little sense to me. I mean, you offer an All-in bundle for new customers, but existing customers with few modules left to acquire are forced to pay more...
Which is pretty much the same way it went down with the update pricing for long-term Sampletank 2 owners.

Obviously they do not see this as a problem.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I don't know why I didn't nab a few of the pedals that I don't have before the price hike, but I didn't. Now I regret it because those pedals went from 15 credits to 25 credits.

Ben H wrote:
DFoisie wrote: You can charge whatever you want, but just seems strange asking for $10 or 10 credits more for something that is almost 3 years old. Unless you've made some improvements to the sound or workflow, just makes little sense to me. I mean, you offer an All-in bundle for new customers, but existing customers with few modules left to acquire are forced to pay more...
Which is pretty much the same way it went down with the update pricing for long-term Sampletank 2 owners.

Obviously they do not see this as a problem.
$99.99 was a bad deal for all of that content? Or was the issue that it was not exclusive to those that owned SampleTank 2.x longer and others were able to also get a good deal during preorder? During the Introductory Pricing (which was higher than the preorder) we did give long-time ST2 users bonus JamPoints to defray the pricing and get a much better deal than those that had not been long-time SampleTank users. So I agree in that IK did not see the problem in what was offered for SampleTank 3 preorder and introductory pricing with extra JamPoints for long-time ST users.

In this case, we sent out information ahead of time and stand by the quality of the models, but there was opportunity to get them when the price was lower.

I do believe IKM have a very generous intro pricing policy. And clear also, as you are informed well in advance when prices will go up. Don't know many other companies doing this. Kudos on that.

I learned during the last devaluation that there is a punishment for holding onto it IK credits of any kind... At least I'm not surprised this time...

I should add... that said, NEVER pay full price for and IK product... ALWAYS hold out for the deal pricing. That renders most of the pricing issues moot. I have 90% of T-RackS 95% of Amplitube through discounted group buys.

Ok... bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one. I'm thoroughly confused about how the custom shop works.

I want to buy the clipper. I have 30 'credits'. So I figure I need more credits (clipper is 50). I go to buy 25 more - A box says Jam Points 'you have 25 euros jam points!' Please insert the value you want to discount (up to 30%) and click REDEEM.

Now, do I have 30 credits AND 25 euros jam points? Is that 30% off the cost of the clipper? OR 30% off the cost of the credits?

I've googled around, read their jam points essay, and I'm still not much the wiser. Would appreciate some help here.

EDIT: Figured it out.. ;)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”