aas strum 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Strum Electric and Acoustic, but I haven't really used them. I got them when I bought their Grand Unification deal. I really need to play with them more so I can really get what I want from them. Right now I can do a fair strum using String Studio and a keyboard. Strumming technique is all about getting a realistic voicing and then doing rapid arpeggios. That said, these plugins offer techniques which really can't be emulated with keyboard technique. I am almost certain I will do the upgrade, but then I have to take the time to work with it to get a good sound out of it.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

b15fliptop wrote:FYI, Revalver's ACT module does WONDERS for this plug.
What modules are you using to get good results, input/output...both?

G

Branis wrote:
Aloysius wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:can get this for an excellent price, but want to hear other opinions first
Same here, as a Session user (free with Korg controller), can have it for $49

But is the interface as tiny as VA-2 ?
It's a good bit taller and wider. It would be great if they make all their new GUIs this size.
I believe they said that they plan to update Ultra Analog and Lounge Lizard with larger GUIs.

I strongly hope so :pray:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Photo_G wrote:

G
Input. The HD-28 profile is great, and all ACT profiles are on sale for $2.99 right now.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Cool. Will an ACT input profile work with the free version too? If so, $2.99 would be a very cheap way to enhance the plug.

G

Yes!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Love this video :love: Thanks for it MillerSam.

I dont mind if the guitars do not sound *hyperrealistic*. Actually its just the opposite, I love their slightly synthetic side, as I like all *fake synth guitars* when they sound alive and fun to play. And these ones certainly do. I dont know how the plug is priced, but I like it.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

b15fliptop wrote:
Photo_G wrote:

G
Input. The HD-28 profile is great, and all ACT profiles are on sale for $2.99 right now.
Wow. R4 is a little greedy with the CPU, but man-oh-man does ACT modeling change the character of GS-2. Once it learns the source and a target is applied, all of the twang-y harshness is gone and it sounds much more like a real acoustic guitar. I really hadn't noticed how digital the dreadnought sounded (which is one of my favorites), until I did an A-B test against one of the models. It's literally night and day. Very cool.

Thanks for the heads up on this one!

G

Photo_G wrote:
b15fliptop wrote:
Photo_G wrote:

G
Wow. R4 is a little greedy with the CPU, but man-oh-man does ACT modeling change the character of GS-2. Once it learns the source and a target is applied, all of the twang-y harshness is gone and it sounds much more like a real acoustic guitar. I really hadn't noticed how digital the dreadnought sounded (which is one of my favorites), until I did an A-B test against one of the models. It's literally night and day. Very cool.

Thanks for the heads up on this one!

G
This all sounds great, but where is the free version?? Can't seem to find it on their site...

https://revalver.peavey.com/download

You install it and then have to bind it to a USB device (I used my iLock, but there's other options) by clicking the "Amp Store" button. If you select something that's not included for free it beeps every few minutes, but it's easy to determine what's free and what's not. There are some free ACT input acoustic models included (the Brazilian Nylon is nice too), and you can demo all of the others.

What's really cool is that it looks like you can even tweak the schematics on the two free included amplifiers. Even RIR Lite gives you 3 mics (a condenser, an SM57 and an SM58), which can be moved to 11 different cone locations. I like this a lot and may have to upgrade my MK III.V version, which I haven't even had installed in quite a while.

G
Last edited by Photo_G on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

dbl post

Photo_G wrote:https://revalver.peavey.com/download

You install it and then have to bind it to a USB device (I used my iLock, but there's other options) by clicking the "Amp Store" button. If you select something that's not included for free it beeps every few minutes, but it's easy to determine what's free and what's not. There are some free ACT input acoustic models included (the Brazilian Nylon is nice too), and you can demo all of the others.

What's really cool is that it looks like you can even tweak the schematics on the two free included amplifiers. I like this a lot and may have to upgrade my MK III.V version, which I haven't even had installed in quite a while.

G
Thanks for the info, much appreciated :)

No Brainer purchase for me

It's sounds very nice and when I hear that the upgrade to the electric will be free as addon, it's very nice :)
And for 29 USD Upgrade (Intro Price) it's a steal for people who own already Sturm Version 1

I had to jump on the upgrade too today, after demoing it through R4. It's truly a no brainer ($29.00 for GS-2, and $8.97 for 3 acoustic input ACT packs running in the free version of Revalver 4 == $37.97). I've spent more than that for a single Kontakt acoustic library, and this combo is much more playable and tweakable. They sound awesome together!

G

Photo_G wrote:I had to jump on the upgrade too today, after demoing it through R4. It's truly a no brainer ($29.00 for GS-2, and $8.97 for 3 acoustic input ACT packs running in the free version of Revalver 4 == $37.97). I've spent more than that for a single Kontakt acoustic library, and this combo is much more playable and tweakable. They sound awesome together!

G
You inspired me to try your idea, but it was a miserable failure. AAS Strum 2 installed perfectly and works great.

Peavey's Revalver 4 authorization is absolutely awful. I tried to use my ilok and any USB flash drive I could to authorize it, and I was told that none of the items had the correct metadata to be used for authorization. I tried USB 2 ports. I tried USB 3 ports. I tried every port on the machine. *None* of them worked.

Uninstalled. Absolutely worst method for copy protection I've ever seen.

Return to “Instruments”