Any love for Electra 2 around here???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dune, like electra, wt are in proprietary format

There is no special import function in the synth, you just put wavetables into "wavetables" folder in Dune2 directory on your hard drive and they appear in wavetable selection menu when you load Dune2 next time. They must be in Dune2 format, of course, you may download some of them here http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =7&t=11108

Custom wavetables may be made with the tool called Audio Term, here is the download link http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... 55#p106732
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

kokotte wrote:in your doc, you have a wt folder, you can make dune2 wt with audiotern or with the beta soft for converting
Found it. Okay, so I need a third party program to create wavetables and then put them in that folder and then they'll be available to load in Dune 2, correct?

wagtunes wrote:
kokotte wrote:in your doc, you have a wt folder, you can make dune2 wt with audiotern or with the beta soft for converting
Found it. Okay, so I need a third party program to create wavetables and then put them in that folder and then they'll be available to load in Dune 2, correct?
Yes
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Electra2 is my goto synth. It's very versatile and complete. So many wavetables, filters, lots of nice effects, and a good arp. Don't forget you can import samples and it does resynthesis.

I find it very ergonomic. The mousewheel is calibrated sensibly so that you can roll over knobs and make adjustments easily. I find it very quick to get the basic sounds I want without eyestrain or finger strain.

Ignore the lousy demos and presets and make your own patches. The sound is a little bright but good. I don't know what "glassy" means.

Frantz wrote:Electra2 is my goto synth. It's very versatile and complete. So many wavetables, filters, lots of nice effects, and a good arp. Don't forget you can import samples and it does resynthesis.

I find it very ergonomic. The mousewheel is calibrated sensibly so that you can roll over knobs and make adjustments easily. I find it very quick to get the basic sounds I want without eyestrain or finger strain.

Ignore the lousy demos and presets and make your own patches. The sound is a little bright but good. I don't know what "glassy" means.
Glassy = bright.

It's a shiny sound, like they EQ'd it and took out the low end completely.

Don't get me wrong. I like it for certain things and even used it in a recent track I did for an arp. But I'm not going to use it for deep bass sounds. It isn't built for it.

With any Tone2 synth turn off all effects and the Psychoacoustic sound mode and work from there. It will be a whole different experience.

wagtunes wrote: Glassy = bright.

Don't get me wrong. I like it for certain things and even used it in a recent track I did for an arp. But I'm not going to use it for deep bass sounds. It isn't built for it.
Well, I agree that it can sound bright but disagree they removed the low end completely.

Having said that, for analog bass I prefer Monark over Electra2.

without the Psychoacoustic sound, it's great here,
when i try a new synth,i like to make clicky subby kick for test the env, and i love making some punchie 808 with electra2:), but after, you know, the taste......the biggest point, it's the ratio quality cpu,like saurus, and the wt are really nice, the new supersaw will be great too, and the reverbs are beautifull, tone2 are greats guys, dune2, electra2, bazille ,serum, ace,harmor,corona......a lot of great synth this day, no? the tools are here, let s make music and sound design :)

wagtunes wrote:Glassy = bright.

It has a bug when using it with Ableton Live where the low-end just disappears because the (top) eq changes, for some reason. Hopefully they'll fix it with the upcoming patch.

ckam03 wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:I just went and looked at it. It's demo music was so bad I didn't even want to check out the demo of the synthesizer. I did go check out ray blaster though and even though it has the same shitty demos ( they should look into that for all their stuff) I'm probably gonna buy it anyway because the synthesis method seems like it has a lot of potential.
Now I understand why people say I'm too picky. You don't like the demos but you're going to buy the synth anyway.

No wonder I'm getting so much flack for not liking Sylenth1 enough to buy it.

FWIW, I have Rayblaster and it can make some interesting sounds thanks to some quirky synth methods. It has the same plastic sound as Electra 2, but if you're into that "shiny EDM stuff" you should like Rayblaster. It's not hard to program and you should have fun with it.
Between the terrible demos and the fact that I don't have much interest in a "workstation synth" leave me less than enthusiastic about Electra. All the demos on the tone 2 site are terrible so I won't let that deter me too much especially when there appears to be something new to try out like in the case of rayblaster. Native instruments has always had terrible demos and I use all their stuff regularly. It doesn't necessarily or even probably speak to the quality of the product to have terrible demo music, the demos at tone 2 were just exceptionally bad. If I was interested in the software reincarnation of a pcm workstation I would look into Electra further as well but I'm not.
To each their own. I don't really like the NI synths.
I don't get super excited about their synths either but they work just fine for what they do and cover most of the ground that one would need to cover with most styles of synthesis (and that's before you even get in to Reaktor). I've owned Komplete since version 3 and have used Kontakt daily in my work since version 1 so I'm mostly just sticking with what I know. If you haven't checked them out recently some of their newer Reaktor based synths are actually pretty damn cool. I only have Monark and Razor, but I've had a play with rounds and the other one and they are pretty spiffy.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Frantz wrote:Electra2 is my goto synth. It's very versatile and complete. So many wavetables, filters, lots of nice effects, and a good arp. Don't forget you can import samples and it does resynthesis.

Do you know offhand what type of resynthesis Electra uses? I'm a big fan of resynthesis and didn't even notice that in the product blurb on their site. I did grab the Rayblaster demo and I'm really digging it's odd method of synthesis. I don't know if I'm interested in dropping 200 bucks on it at the moment though. Does tone 2 do sales ever?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

i have bought mine at best service.de, nemesis and electra2 for 149€ during chrimas sale,2 for one, a great deal, the resynthesis is, i think, a wave of 4096 sample and you can bend it with a knob, but for me, the most interesting is the fm capacity with the wt, i dont find any soft who do it like this, serum can modulate with fm the wt but i never archive the same result, the wt are really well design, it s great to make fm with some pd or resofilter table, the 2.1 will bring some great super/hyper saw,noise.... really a great synth! what else

I bought it around Christmas time and I really love the sound, but man the UI is terrible IMO. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I've got Gladiator 2 as well and that's a fair bit better in terms of getting around in... so it's been a bit of an obstacle in terms of getting into but the sounds is killer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:I bought it around Christmas time and I really love the sound, but man the UI is terrible IMO. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I've got Gladiator 2 as well and that's a fair bit better in terms of getting around in... so it's been a bit of an obstacle in terms of getting into but the sounds is killer.
Really? I love it. Well actually only the blue layer. Its the easiest on my eyes.

Return to “Instruments”