Looping Software for use w/ AUTOMATION?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hii.. i am creating an art installation that is going to be based very heavily in the use of backing tracks of automation w/ live sourced acoustic sounds. i am looking for looping software that would be good for drawing automated captures and repeats of live sound. the performance is not something that is going to be arranged or performed in time with the automation and the capturing of the loops; there will be a randomness to what is happening and what is being captured. hope that makes sense! any suggestions?

thanks!
Sasha

any ideas? i'd really like to get the right looping software for this before i delve into it, because its gonna be a lotta work just to learn the software, let alone draw out all the automation!

help me friends, help!!

Try Stagelight.
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Usine!

thanks for the reply... with Giada would i be able to use automation effectively... like for example, if i had it as a plugin on my mic channel in logic and i wanted it to capture the mic input at the 30th bar and repeat it for 8 bars, while simultaneously capturing the same input at the 32nd bar and repeating it for 16 bars, and being able to do possible 8-10 of such a capturing/looping operation simultaneously, all through automation... do you know if it would be possible with the program.. possible and efficiently handled?

ooo.. okay so now i have 3 different options.. anybody out there who can compare the 3 and comment on which would be the easiest and most effective for automation? might just have to demo each of em and see. thanks for suggestions!

edit: also, what about sooperlooper?

for anybody interested, i've decided Circular Labs Mobius is the best looping software for use with automation! Looping and automation (plus automation and any other FX) present an exciting universe that i haven't seen explored much (or ever to the degree i am imagining, really).. especially if you are like me and aren't so much into pre-recorded loops and such in live performances and like the raw quality of all of the sounds being sourced live, especially live from acoustic or analog sources! having the drummer play to a click track and creating a backing track of automated effects and loops can let you do some amazing things and maintain a nice balance between digital/analog.. or computer vs live sourced sound. I'm excited to go deeper into this seemingly untrodden realm!

Return to “Effects”