So... Tracktion.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

I don't use it any more but I found the "racks" modular feature to be very cool and I wish Logic had that.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

huhu_huhu wrote:It's possible to audition audio files in sync with the project on Version 5. I guess it's possible on 6 also.
About the rest of the issues, I think some kind of revamping on audio handling was implemmentd, I dont know if it,s akin to groove quainize correction.

Y
please let me know how, as i can't work it out, so that would be really cool. In all my loop folders using tracktion's own loop tagging nothing auditions to tempo.

Passing Bye wrote:Reaper is definitely unbeatable if we are talking cheap, I can't justify many stuff around compared to him, real game changer, I know, it's highly personal, but even on paper it offers a lot, many can't deny that, I always had a thing against him and than I dropped from cloud one day and realized what awesome thing it is actually :tu:
No it's not, as reaper is not friendly and is a CAD daw for scientists.

I'd not use reaper if it was free.

Put it this way, if reaper was free as it was now, and tracktion was $500, and they were the world's only 2 daw's, i would spend $500 and buy tracktion.

Of course you are right too, i was simply pointing out that it's all subjective. On paper it offers a lot yes, but if it was the only daw i would honestly quit using a computer to make music.

lfm wrote:
TheoM wrote:Ok, firstly, i think it's THE BEST daw uner $100, i really do. But i will list why i don't take it as a serious competitor as such to Logic, Cubase, PT, etc. Now please correct me if I am wrong.
If comparing to top line models - is one thing.

But mean that Cubase Elements 7, Mixcraft 7 and Sonar Artist are way more complete daws - and all below $100.
won't go into it too much but would use tracktion over any of those without a second thought.

The #1 thing I miss the most is the Audition loop/audio file/sample to Project Tempo , I know T5 doesn't do this . I have not tried this or to see if it works in T6 yet, I had called it auto time stretching , which in a way is that . I do see how they miss understood me now along with others that asked for the same feature . I will try to see if T6 has this when I get home from work x my fingers . Seems like a standard feature nowadays .

TheoM wrote: Of course you are right too, i was simply pointing out that it's all subjective. On paper it offers a lot yes, but if it was the only daw i would honestly quit using a computer to make music.
It's all subjective for sure and all comes down to that again, I have same opinion about Live too :lol:

I can audition loops in 5 no sync.
Perhaps you havê to tick some box in the browser to get it going.

fedexnman wrote:The #1 thing I miss the most is the Audition loop/audio file/sample to Project Tempo , I know T5 doesn't do this . I have not tried this or to see if it works in T6 yet, I had called it auto time stretching , which in a way is that . I do see how they miss understood me now along with others that asked for the same feature . I will try to see if T6 has this when I get home from work x my fingers . Seems like a standard feature nowadays .

huhu is claiming it's possible, but somehow doesn't even know how to activate/de activate such a feature.

I agree with you, it's not possible, and ridiculous BTW.

Hey Theo,

It's definitely not as smooth as other programs that do it BUT, you can do what you want in Tracktion. I have Tracktion 6.0.25, the latest version as of writing this, so here goes....

Go into Settings->Loop Database
On that menu screen you have the drop down menu on the right side of the screen for "Add Loops" and "Loop Previewing"

Within the drop down menu under "Loop Previewing" you can set it a few different ways, match tempo and pitch is one of the choices. I just set it to match tempo.

Now if you set a loop bracket in your edit, and preview the loops in your browser, it will match the tempo. BUT if you change the tempo on the fly, you need to hit the stop button on the browser side of the screen and re-preview the loop with your project with the new tempo you changed to....

It works OK, nothing to right home about. It could deff be a lot better and more fluid but it does seem to work.

Hope that helps dude....

Wayne
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch me soar.......

Wash

bigwayne56 wrote:Hey Theo,

It's definitely not as smooth as other programs that do it BUT, you can do what you want in Tracktion. I have Tracktion 6.0.25, the latest version as of writing this, so here goes....

Go into Settings->Loop Database
On that menu screen you have the drop down menu on the right side of the screen for "Add Loops" and "Loop Previewing"

Within the drop down menu under "Loop Previewing" you can set it a few different ways, match tempo and pitch is one of the choices. I just set it to match tempo.

Now if you set a loop bracket in your edit, and preview the loops in your browser, it will match the tempo. BUT if you change the tempo on the fly, you need to hit the stop button on the browser side of the screen and re-preview the loop with your project with the new tempo you changed to....

It works OK, nothing to right home about. It could deff be a lot better and more fluid but it does seem to work.

Hope that helps dude....

Wayne

yes that helps heaps. Thanks so much!

Ok defo doesn't work here.. i just realised all this time match tempo was already selected. Haven't upgraded to 6 yet but doesn't work for me for any loop for v5.

According to KVR database Tracktion6 copy protection is: Online Activation (Challenge / Response)

How many computers can you have it activated on? Just one or (hopefully) more ?

Numanoid wrote:According to KVR database Tracktion6 copy protection is: Online Activation (Challenge / Response)

I've got it on 2
Amazon: why not use an alternative

hmmm also found that dynamic PDC is broken from traction 5 up, You can't use things like pro q2 or ozone and enable different features which cause latency changes.. no matter what you do, you will never ever get the latency change to appear in the project.. UNLESS... you save and close, and reload.

Varying pdc was no problem even in T2.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Numanoid wrote:According to KVR database Tracktion6 copy protection is: Online Activation (Challenge / Response)

I've got it on 2
Purchase entitles you to licenses for three separate machines
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”