True Peak Limiter

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm willing to achieve a true peak limiting with MDynamicsLimiter (or another melda plug-in).

So do I check the "true hold" box in the advanced parameters menu.
E.g. I've an input getting to say +1dB, I want to limit my outputs at say -3dB, I set the celling parameter to -3.02 (to ensure it works), I check the "true hold" box.

I'm not figuring out what I'm doing wrong, but oubviously it doesn't work like that.
As inputs are over 0dB, MLoudnessAnalyser always give me true peak's values over the one I just set up in MDynamicsLimiter.

I tried many different conbination of all the different parameters (input, celling, peak hold, look-ahead etc) but I never success :(

Is it possible to achieve a true peak limiting ? How do I need to configure the plug in if I do want so ?

Thanks !

Hi,

true-peak limiting is just oversampled limiting... Set upsampling to say 4x and that's it ;). Personally I think the whole mess about "true-peak-xxx" is completely idiotic, just a bubble accidentally created by someone trying to sell "oversampling"...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi,

Thanks for your complete answer and explanation Vojtech :)

I agree with your analyse, but unfortunatly TV broadcaster may refuse mixes that doesn't reach the True Peak limit they asked for...
So, true peak limiting would help that way :)

Thanks again and see you !

Hehe, yeah, the world is full of totally idiotic rules :D. The thing is - the true peak limit just doesn't make sense as this thing cannot be measured! True peak meters simply oversample the input, because that's what the D/A converters do, but how do they do it? Each does it very differently...so at the end, this is just nonsense... Well, welcome to this world :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”