Filterscape ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a very happy owner of every u-he plugin except Filterscape has anyone any thoughts on this. I have a Bitwig coupon for €50 and its the only one I don't have.

Obviously an oldie and the Q6 dynamic eq is nifty, any chance of the filters being upgraded or a refresh to Diva standard ?

The VA is cool but dated and like a distant relative of Zebra.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

We have started a redesign for this one too, but that went on hold until after Hive, Presswerk and a few other bits and bops.

Filterscape definitely begs for a filter technology upgrade, but as I said elsewhere, it needs to be accompanied by a UI makeover (which was almost done but then Hive stole the design)

Also, we've rewritten the EQ GUI widget. People like Fabfilter offer so much more sophisticated (and beautiful) EQ handling, we need to catch up and push boundaries here too.

We'll discuss this after Musikmesse and after Hive gets released. Who knows how much feedback we'll get and how much we'll get done, especially as we also need to move the company into a larger office space...

But yeah, Filterscape hasn't gone below our radar. Just juggling a lot of other things till we get there :oops:

Tx Urs will it be a free upgrade for original Filterscape users ?
Mac Studio

woodsdenis wrote:Tx Urs will it be a free upgrade for original Filterscape users ?
Can't say yet. But even if, our unspoken rule is cost for major upgrade = new version Number x 10$. That is, an upgrade from 1.x to 2.x would be 20$. We've done that once with Zebra, but we haven't done it with MFM. We'll see what we do with Filterscape.

Urs wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Tx Urs will it be a free upgrade for original Filterscape users ?
Can't say yet. But even if, our unspoken rule is cost for major upgrade = new version Number x 10$. That is, an upgrade from 1.x to 2.x would be 20$. We've done that once with Zebra, but we haven't done it with MFM. We'll see what we do with Filterscape.
Very fair Urs I don't have an issue with that. I have one q however, how do you make the LFO or step sequence start in the same place each time you press play. I know it will reset after xxxx period but I can't get it to start at the same point in the cycle consistently.

After a little testing
1.In Logic 10.1 works all the time
2. Ableton Live 9.2 needs to start a beat before to retrig properly
3.Bitwig 1.6 retrigs perfectly if you start on bar 2. Doesn't retrigger at all if started at any time later in the timeline (it just free rolls )

Any ideas, I have sent a bug report to Bitwig.
Mac Studio

woodsdenis wrote:As a very happy owner of every u-he plugin except Filterscape has anyone any thoughts on this.
If you've ever wondered how to get the magic of emu's z-plane filters in a plugin... Filterscape is it :tu:

Return to “u-he”