can i please exchange the more versatile voucher for a u-he ace or bazillle?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Usually in my "universe" the one who is having the Birthday receives gifts and others give.

Bitwig's Birthday, they give gifts, what are they receiving? A thread that says they aren't giving enough?

I'm glad there are those that just see this as good will, you can't please everybody as this thread shows.
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

yea, let the thread die, i think we all agree on that there is nothing to ask for and should just enjoy their work.

Redukt wrote:I can't believe people are actually complaining... :roll:

I personally have no use for the gift either, as i really don't need any more synths (although i have to admit that HIVE is really, really nice to use and sounds awesome) - still i think it's f***ing nice from Bitwig to give their userbase the opportunity to begin with.

But it seems you can't win either way:

01. BWS does nothing on their anniversary:
That sucks, they should have done something for the people that have been "supporting" the software for a year.

02. BWS gives out free copies of Omnisphere to every existing customer:
I already have Omnisphere, i feel let down by them / Why not Omnisphere 2?

03. BWS gives out 200$ PayPal vouchers to every customer, so you can buy whatever the f*** you want:
That's not enough to buy Omnisphere, which is 500$ - f**k you, Bitwig!

04. BWS releases 1.2, with group tracks, adjustable track heights and 25 new devices:
Where's 2.0, i've been waiting for over a year now!!!!

Bitwig didn't owe you ANYTHING just because it's been a year since their software has been released...

Rant over. Sorry.
:D Made my day.

Thanks to all@bitwig for this voucher! It's the first time ever in my life that someone hands over 50$ dollar to me to spend it on great vst's. on HIS/HER birthday, not on mine.

If now only my girlfriend would do the same...
This could be your ad!

I can't help but feel that a few people complaining may have been a bit spoilt... I believe Bitwig's team will look after the early adopters with coming content, presets, or whatever they see fit, but I really only expect to be taken care of with first party products and support.

I personally think only pettiness lends itself to complain about what others gain for free... I see images of a spoilt rich kid "But daddy, I want that one, it's better than mine!!!"... Really?

Well, I'll reserve feeling unappreciated by the Bitwig team if they Expect me to pay out the nose for the 2.0 upgrade... THAT would be a kick in the teeth, complaining about not getting a good enough FREEBIE??? Pass...

I'll say thank you for the unnecessary gift, and appreciate it!!!

Thank you Bitwig Team... Cheers... V.

Ogopogo wrote:But we have badges.
We don't need no stinking badges!
Sweet child in time...

TeotiGraphix wrote:Usually in my "universe" the one who is having the Birthday receives gifts and others give.
I used to live in that universe too, until I got my first job. That's when I Iearnt that if its your birthday, then you are expected to provide the cream cakes for everyone else. After a few years I eventually stopped announcing my birthdays as my co-workers where already fat enough and I tired of them bickering about someone taking the last chocolate éclair.

goatgirl wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:Usually in my "universe" the one who is having the Birthday receives gifts and others give.
I used to live in that universe too, until I got my first job. That's when I Iearnt that if its your birthday, then you are expected to provide the cream cakes for everyone else. After a few years I eventually stopped announcing my birthdays as my co-workers where already fat enough and I tired of them bickering about someone taking the last chocolate éclair.
This is why I have worked for myself the last 14 years, it's truly my universe. hehe :)
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Bitwig's Birthday, they give gifts, what are they receiving? A thread that says they aren't giving enough?
Satisfied customers, thats what they receive :)

Redukt wrote:I can't believe people are actually complaining... :roll:

I personally have no use for the gift either, as i really don't need any more synths (although i have to admit that HIVE is really, really nice to use and sounds awesome) - still i think it's f***ing nice from Bitwig to give their userbase the opportunity to begin with.

But it seems you can't win either way:

01. BWS does nothing on their anniversary:
That sucks, they should have done something for the people that have been "supporting" the software for a year.

02. BWS gives out free copies of Omnisphere to every existing customer:
I already have Omnisphere, i feel let down by them / Why not Omnisphere 2?

03. BWS gives out 200$ PayPal vouchers to every customer, so you can buy whatever the f*** you want:
That's not enough to buy Omnisphere, which is 500$ - f**k you, Bitwig!

04. BWS releases 1.2, with group tracks, adjustable track heights and 25 new devices:
Where's 2.0, i've been waiting for over a year now!!!!

Bitwig didn't owe you ANYTHING just because it's been a year since their software has been released...

Rant over. Sorry.
Post of the year so far.
C'mon guys name another company that does this. Great gift and from uhe too. Well cool. Well done BWS
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Almost there..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deep Purple wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:But we have badges.
We don't need no stinking badges!
Blazing Saddles right ?? :)

I have to say I was pleasantly suprised that the $50 voucher actually converted into 48 euros.

Luckily i'd been planning to buy Diva for some time so I was happy getting a voucher.

Thanks Bitwig people. :D

Granum wrote:All I'm asking for is clarity in messaging so that expectations are not built up.

That email is in marketing-speak and it's unclear that existing users only get a $50 voucher (actually a gift to U-he not to the end-user).
Exactly right. Existing users get to buy a product from U-he. That's the gift. Oh wait I'm sorry, did I say "buy", how foolish of me, it's $50 off, WE'RE MAKING MONEY HERE! I'm just a really bad person, you know, from the really bad generation. I must be.

OK. There was no expectation. No one asked for anything free. Bitwig marketing did this.
"Yay, woohoo, it's our first birthday"
Cool.
"To celebrate we're giving anyone who buys Bitwig a free copy of U-he Ace or Bazille!"
Yeah?
"But the really big news is all of our loyal customers get to BUY a product from U-he!!!"
What?

Personally I'd rather that they did not have all these promotions, special offers and sales. They should have stuck with the original introductory price too, as its one way to keep the riff-raff out. :P

** pours another glass of Krug Clos du Mesnil ** - hic !

goatgirl wrote:Personally I'd rather that they did not have all these promotions, special offers and sales. They should have stuck with the original introductory price too, as its one way to keep the riff-raff out. :P

** pours another glass of Krug Clos du Mesnil ** - hic !

I don't know, it's like these people have never heard of coupons before? Grocery shopping...?

I don't see a gun pointed to my head, I have a 50$ coupon, I have to spend money to save it! haha

Sure, business is all about making money, if it wasn't, well this world we be a lot different. But just because I shopped at a store and they send me something in the mail saying it's our 1 year anniversary sale or whatever, it would be insulting my intelligence to say that company thinks I am just going to spend money I don't have.

This thread is hilarious, even when I read the title for the first time.
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Return to “Bitwig”