Photosounder Spiral CM now out and about

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man... this is fantastic.
Congrats and hats off for Spiral.

I've played with the CM version for only 5 minutes, and went to your website, to purchase the full version immediately.
I knew that Spline EQ is 19$, so I expected a somewhat similar price.
Was quite disappointed to see the actual price tag. I just can't afford it for that price right now :(

Mind you, I'm not criticising the price itself... of course you can charge whatever you like for your products, and you also laid out your arguments well.
Just expressing my (negative) surprise.

However, here's an idea for a future update:

How about a M/S option, where one can display three analysers intead of one?
On the left for the left channel, in the middle for the middle/mono information, and the right channel on the right.
I think that would make it much easier to see what's going on in the stereo spectrum than with colours, even more so for dense arrangements/mixes.
It would also make it much easier to recognize specific instruments in the analyser.

I haven't got a clue how easy/difficult this is to implement, just wanted to share the idea :)

Novalis wrote:Man... this is fantastic.
Congrats and hats off for Spiral.

I've played with the CM version for only 5 minutes, and went to your website, to purchase the full version immediately.
I knew that Spline EQ is 19$, so I expected a somewhat similar price.
Was quite disappointed to see the actual price tag. I just can't afford it for that price right now :(

Mind you, I'm not criticising the price itself... of course you can charge whatever you like for your products, and you also laid out your arguments well.
Just expressing my (negative) surprise.

However, here's an idea for a future update:

How about a M/S option, where one can display three analysers intead of one?
On the left for the left channel, in the middle for the middle/mono information, and the right channel on the right.
I think that would make it much easier to see what's going on in the stereo spectrum than with colours, even more so for dense arrangements/mixes.
It would also make it much easier to recognize specific instruments in the analyser.

I haven't got a clue how easy/difficult this is to implement, just wanted to share the idea :)
I don't think that dividing your attention between three scopes is going to help you, I think it's better to just play with the pan window.

Oh yeah also you know you can get it for $69 since you have the CM promo code, right? Might still be too much for you, but I wanted to make sure you knew.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Yes I know, thanks.

And yes, still a bit too much at the moment.
Maybe for Christmas :D

Congrats on the nice work again.

Just tried this but Bidule is saying the VST has a plugin ID conflict with Serum.

aMUSEd wrote:Just tried this but Bidule is saying the VST has a plugin ID conflict with Serum.
With Serum too? Ableton mailed me last week to tell me it has an ID conflict with Reveal Sound's Spire. I guess that means Serum and Spire should conflict too?

A_SN wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Just tried this but Bidule is saying the VST has a plugin ID conflict with Serum.
With Serum too? Ableton mailed me last week to tell me it has an ID conflict with Reveal Sound's Spire. I guess that means Serum and Spire should conflict too?
I have them both and I haven't had a warning from Bidule about any conflict between them. Is there a way for me to read what the plugin IDs actually are?

aMUSEd wrote:I have them both and I haven't had a warning from Bidule about any conflict between them. Is there a way for me to read what the plugin IDs actually are?
I don't know but it should read as an integer like 1399875954 (which I think makes 'Spir' in ASCII). That's what the Ableton guy reported to me.

I found this that enables you to identify conflicts on Windows but there doesn't seem to be a Mac equivalent:

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us ... canner.htm

aMUSEd wrote:I found this that enables you to identify conflicts on Windows but there doesn't seem to be a Mac equivalent:

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/us ... canner.htm
A few days ago I registered some random VST IDs to avoid that problem so I'm gonna use that from now on.

OK now everytime I try and load Spire in NI Kore it opens Spiral CM. So evidently it is sharing the ID with more than one plugin.

aMUSEd wrote:OK now everytime I try and load Spire in NI Kore it opens Spiral CM. So evidently it is sharing the ID with more than one plugin.
Sadly yes it does. I changed that recently in Spiral (not CM), it has its own ID now (2hwb instead of Spir). Maybe you should use the full version ;). But yeah sorry about that, when I typed in 'Spir' I foolishly believed that hosts would check both the plugin ID AND the manufacturer ID before concluding that two plugins are the same instead of taking a four letter ID at face value.

OK it is possible to change a plugin ID using a hex editor but you need to know the whole ID string to do a search and replace, I presume you have that?

aMUSEd wrote:OK it is possible to change a plugin ID using a hex editor but you need to know the whole ID string to do a search and replace, I presume you have that?
It seems that it's stored backwards in the binary (probably because it's stored as a 32-bit integer in little endian) so if you let's say open it in an editor and look for ripS that should be it. Then you can change it to whatever.

Great, thanks - done it, seems to do the job :) :borg:

CafeBabe?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:CafeBabe?
:?:

If you've seen it in the hexadecimal of the binary that's not me, it's a Mach-O universal binary thingie.

Return to “Effects”