Any updates on U-he Hive release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I received update from U-he about everything else other than the Hive. I trusted them that full version will be released soon as they promised and bought it in January or so. Two months later and not even one update. I understand they have other things to work on, but their news e-mail was talking about many things and not even courtesy note, something like, "If you waiting on the full version of Hive, we will have it around..." I have seen delayed releases before, but it is different when they actually charged money for it. The demo version came with 5 presets. I expect more than 5 presents for the money I paid. Wondering if they would bother to update us about the progress.

dedication to flying

Disregarding you didn't have to buy anything, especially knowing it was a pre release beta. Caveat emptor and all that, U-he were pressured by the community to release early (and as a day 1 purchaser I'm one of many who are glad they did), and even though it's missing factory patches and some features, all this info was in the public domain and it is a great, usable product.

The second public beta version contained more than 5 presets and readily available third party sounds, by official factory bank creators, currently number in the hundreds. Check out the official forum for the links.
The company have always been upfront about the time frame for updates and I have no doubt they will follow through on their promises - They've not failed yet.

You paid your money like everyone else, and yet you're the only complainer I've seen. Why don't you, as an obviously distressed customer, ask for your money back if you can't be satiated by the little wait that lies ahead instead of creating whinge topics. And I suggest to avoid future disappointment you never early adopt software again. You clearly don't have the constitution for it.
You make it look like you've been swindled or hard done by. Get a grip and move on. :tu:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Indeed. The guy only asked for some news. Who's whining?

Fleer wrote:Indeed. The guy only asked for some news. Who's whining?
Astralv was, and from memory I think she's not a guy.
The contents of her post are far from only asking for some news, and to be fair, the official forum and not here would be the best way of going about it.
Aside from the wrong information, the tone of the post is quite clear. Reads like whining to me.

"I trusted them"
"Two months later and not even one update"
"not even courtesy note"
"I have seen delayed releases before, but it is different when they actually charged money for it."
"I expect more than 5 presents for the money I paid"
"Wondering if they would bother to update us about the progress"

Goddamn those u-he slackers with their half-arsed attempts at usable instruments. If Urs spent less time lazing around on Aussie beaches and more time coding, this forum wouldn't be so over-run with complaints against him. :clown: :dog:

Astralv wrote:I received update from U-he about everything else other than the Hive. I trusted them that full version will be released soon as they promised and bought it in January or so. Two months later and not even one update. I understand they have other things to work on, but their news e-mail was talking about many things and not even courtesy note, something like, "If you waiting on the full version of Hive, we will have it around..." I have seen delayed releases before, but it is different when they actually charged money for it. The demo version came with 5 presets. I expect more than 5 presents for the money I paid. Wondering if they would bother to update us about the progress.
There are about 500+ presets in the release that came out several months ago and tons of news and updates, just check the Hive thread on UHE forum, the developers ta there almost everyday!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

OutCider wrote:Disregarding you didn't have to buy anything, especially knowing it was a pre release beta. Caveat emptor and all that, U-he were pressured by the community to release early (and as a day 1 purchaser I'm one of many who are glad they did), and even though it's missing factory patches and some features, all this info was in the public domain and it is a great, usable product.

The second public beta version contained more than 5 presets and readily available third party sounds, by official factory bank creators, currently number in the hundreds. Check out the official forum for the links.
The company have always been upfront about the time frame for updates and I have no doubt they will follow through on their promises - They've not failed yet.

You paid your money like everyone else, and yet you're the only complainer I've seen. Why don't you, as an obviously distressed customer, ask for your money back if you can't be satiated by the little wait that lies ahead instead of creating whinge topics. And I suggest to avoid future disappointment you never early adopt software again. You clearly don't have the constitution for it.
You make it look like you've been swindled or hard done by. Get a grip and move on. :tu:
My, touchy, aren't we?

Talk about white knighting...

Just stating facts, which coincidentally enough, the op didn't, which sort of puts your interpretation skills in to some sort of context. ;)

But anyway, enough of me rebutting the affected. Time to let someone else state the obvious. :tu:

basslinemaster wrote:
OutCider wrote:Disregarding you didn't have to buy anything, especially knowing it was a pre release beta. Caveat emptor and all that, U-he were pressured by the community to release early (and as a day 1 purchaser I'm one of many who are glad they did), and even though it's missing factory patches and some features, all this info was in the public domain and it is a great, usable product.

My, touchy, aren't we?

Talk about white knighting...
Touchy touchy...you are not much above white nighting either...

I just did the same... :hihi:
Barry

So, all the people over the board are going high about synth that is not even out yet? :nutter:

Maybe this will teach you not to pre-purchase anything.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:So, all the people over the board are going high about synth that is not even out yet? :nutter:

Exactly , all you whiners acting like a DIVA , go eat a snickers !!!! :hihi:

fedexnman wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:So, all the people over the board are going high about synth that is not even out yet? :nutter:

Exactly , all you whiners acting like a DIVA , go eat a snickers !!!! :hihi:
That's why we need a whaaambulance around here. :hihi:
Barry

Return to “Instruments”